Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Aug 12th 2014, 1:45 pm
KPD
Just Joined

KPD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by jameshunterjones
But KPD, haven't you already said that we would need to withdraw the passport application to apply for the ETD? There is no guarantee that the documents could even be returned in a timely fashion.
It depends on what documents you send along with your application.
It is very easy and free to get a copy of a birth certificate in Russia.
I know some people who submitted their Russian passports.
I am pretty sure that you had to submit hospital antenatal records.
The Consulate say that they need the same list of documents as for the first time application.
So if you sent the originals you may need to get these back from HMPO.

I was told by HMPO help line that if I need to get any of the submitted documents I will have to cancel the application.

I also would be worried about how safely the documents can be returned.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

DLondon Prn is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All

My name is Dee and i have applied for my daughter passport on 19th April 2014 from Kosovo. I have called dozens of times no luck, they can't even see it on the system, i have contacted my local mp here in London NW2, he said he will try to speed it up and let me know by sending me a letter no luck. called on 0300 222 0000 they are completely lost and the only answer they gave me is we will send email to Liverpool office and they will contact you with in 72 hours no luck no call. FYI there is direct phone number to Liverpool office 0845 601 5107 but waiting time is extrymly long. Im stocked here in Prishtina-Kosovo waiting for passport for 4 months, dnt know what else to do???
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameshunterjones
Do you think a Consular Birth Certificate alone would satisfy the airline?
Unlikely but you could ask them.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

HMPO made over 50 million pounds in profits last year...very poor service
Old Aug 12th 2014, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLondon Prn
Dear All

My name is Dee and i have applied for my daughter passport on 19th April 2014 from Kosovo. I have called dozens of times no luck, they can't even see it on the system, i have contacted my local mp here in London NW2, he said he will try to speed it up and let me know by sending me a letter no luck. called on 0300 222 0000 they are completely lost and the only answer they gave me is we will send email to Liverpool office and they will contact you with in 72 hours no luck no call. FYI there is direct phone number to Liverpool office 0845 601 5107 but waiting time is extrymly long. Im stocked here in Prishtina-Kosovo waiting for passport for 4 months, dnt know what else to do???
Try to apply for an ETD for her. Failing that, is she entitled to a Kosovan and / or a Serbian passport? In that case you could use that to get her to the UK.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 8:54 am
Just Joined

The board is getting quite….no more updates??

I Just spoke with Liverpool Office and they told me you have to wait that all info they can give. I have applied on 19th of April 2014. Received letter from HMPO for additional information on 3rd of July 2014, replied back with all info on 7th July 2014 and still nothing, when i asked then approx how long longer should i wait, she replied i can not say anything apart from we are extremely busy, you will be contacted by us if there is any thing to share with you, you are on security check process ( i have been told this for passed 3 months)
I don't know what to do? Any suggestion/advice? My daughter has been stocked in Kosovo ??
Old Aug 26th 2014, 9:24 am
Just Joined

jameshunterjones is an unknown quantity at this point

DLondon,

My situation is exactly the same. My MP has complained on my behalf but after 2 weeks we are yet to see any progress resulting form this.

Unfortunately, other than contacting the MP where you live, my advice is to hang in there.

James
Old Aug 26th 2014, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Fazmattaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got an email from Durham passport office telling me that my daughters application has been referred to our "overseas colleague" what the hell does that mean?!?!?

They received my application on the 17th march 2014. This is getting beyond ridiculous. The application has been with their "overseas colleague" for over over a month now!!!

I am stuck here in Egypt! Is there any way i can claim compensation or what have you?

Please someone I need a solution to this nightmare!
Old Aug 26th 2014, 11:45 am
Just Joined

James

I did contact my MP but still no luck has been more then 4 weeks since i have contacted him. It seems that no one can help i feel helpless! If this happened in non developed countries i would of understood but in UK, in 21 century 2014 to wait for passport 5 months and still no answer or hope this is ridicules. I dnt now what to do any more I'm hopeless with my own country bureaucracy, they spouse to be at our service not the way around.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:15 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

DLondon Prn,

how long you been waiting m8?,

i got my sons passport in 3 months. (I'm based in china)
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Vexcore

19th of April 2014, 4 and half months, I have applied from Kosovo, I just got through this morning to Liverpool Office and the only thing they can confirm is that she can see me on the system they have received all the documents they have requested now your case is with in security check blla bola blllaaa.

This is the email that i have received after 4 months wait:

Thank you for your enquiry with regards to your daughter's application for a British Passport.

Your daughter's application is currently undergoing routine security checks in the UK and verification checks in our oversea's office, until these checks are complete, we are not in a position to issue a passport.

Unfortunately we are unable to give a timescale as to when our checks will be complete.

Regards

LiverpoolOverseasTeamGroundFloor
Her Majesty's Passport Office
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Vexcore

19th of April 2014, 4 and half months, I have applied from Kosovo, I just got through this morning to Liverpool Office and the only thing they can confirm is that she can see me on the system they have received all the documents they have requested now your case is with in security check blla bola blllaaa.

This is the email that i have received after 4 months wait:

Thank you for your enquiry with regards to your daughter's application for a British Passport.

Your daughter's application is currently undergoing routine security checks in the UK and verification checks in our oversea's office, until these checks are complete, we are not in a position to issue a passport.

Unfortunately we are unable to give a timescale as to when our checks will be complete.

Regards

LiverpoolOverseasTeamGroundFloor
Her Majesty's Passport Office
this is complete joke after nearly 5 months wait, to receive such mail. Im hopeless, helpless do not know what to do more/next!!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2014, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

It is absurd. But is the child eligible for a Kosovan or Serbian passport, or any other nationality it may carry by descent from you? If so you can get it that passport to get to the UK.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Gozit

She can get Kosovon Passport but she will need visa to enter UK, when i ask the Embassy they told me we can not issue visa to British Citizens. So she is classified as BC and in other hand she has no British Passport, i do not understand this mess this is complete joke i do not now where to turn.
Thank you for your comment and your thoughts.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit

She can get Kosovon Passport but she will need visa to enter UK, when i ask the Embassy they told me we can not issue visa to British Citizens. So she is classified as BC and in other hand she has no British Passport, i do not understand this mess this is complete joke i do not now where to turn.
Thank you for your comment and your thoughts.
Yes, technically you cannot get a visa for a British citizen. You could do two things

1) Apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode

-This certificate will go in your daughters Kosovan passport, and proves to UKBA she is a British citizen. The catch is one cannot hold a certificate of entitlement and a UK passport at the same time. So a certificate of entitlement will cancel her UK passport application. This is alright if you want her to get to the UK as soon as possible as you can then just apply again for the passport once back in the UK.

2) Apply for a UK visa anyway

-This option will provide proof enough to the AIRLINE that your child is eligible to travel to the UK. Once you get to UKBA you explain that the child is in fact a UK citizen and as such has a right to enter the UK. Explain the passport backlog bit and the fact that you have been waiting since march for a passport but wanted to get home. Continue reiterating the fact that UKBA CANNOT deport a UK citizen. Period. It will delay you at UK border but you will be let through eventually.

I'd go for option one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.