Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 30th 2014, 4:52 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Just an update:

Baby's Blue book all done and my wife's visa successfully completed today - Looking forward to flying to London...finally

I got a call from the Newport Passport Office apologising for the delays - did anyone else get this? Still proceeded with my complaint
good luck to everyone still waiting
How long did the blue book take? and what visa did your wife get? Spouse/tourist/Family?
Old Jun 30th 2014, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife got a 6 month family visa as we will only be in the uk for the summer. We will then fly to Qatar.

Blue book took 10 working days as I live just outside of beijing I had to visit my local PBS to submit the application and then travel to the main PBS ( 2 hours by bullet train) to collect it.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 1:09 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dude!
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:07 am
Just Joined

britkids is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone having problems with the passport office should contact their local mpo and also the media ass they are interested to in how this is affecting Brits across the world.

Private message me if you want a contact name at the BBC

This issue needs to be kept in the media as things have gone very quiet and the UKPA have reverted back to their old unresponsive ways.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 8:20 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by britkids
Anyone having problems with the passport office should contact their local mpo and also the media ass they are interested to in how this is affecting Brits across the world.

Private message me if you want a contact name at the BBC

This issue needs to be kept in the media as things have gone very quiet and the UKPA have reverted back to their old unresponsive ways.
Interesting... - when did you apply for the passports??
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Interesting... - when did you apply for the passports??
We applied for passports beginning of May.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Kenya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Congratulations to those who received passports for their children.

An update on my application for a first passport for my son from Kenya. Both parents are British citizens, not by descent. We applied in December 2013 via the Durham office. Last week the British High Commission in Nairobi called us for an interview and asked us to bring my husband's passport, son's birth certificate and our marriage certificate. We had provided all of these documents (originals, not copies) in December and they were returned to us in April, along with the rest of our (extensive) supporting documentation. The interview covered very basic questions and we were informed this is a standard part of the process. I have no idea why it took 6 months to get to this stage or why they needed to see these basic documents again. We were informed after the interview that it would take another 16 weeks to process the application, which would bring the total time to over ten months.

This is obviously an absolute disgrace.

Luckily for us our son is also a citizen of another European country, otherwise we would have been stuck in Kenya this entire time with no way of traveling.

I will let you know when we finally get it.

Is there anyone else who has applied from Kenya recently? If so, please could you share your experience?

Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Head of passport office called in for more questions

BBC News - Passport boss set to face fresh questions from MPs
Old Jul 5th 2014, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

The board is getting quite....no more updates??
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by green121
The board is getting quite....no more updates??
Guess not mate... for everyone their passports arrive soon!
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

After 3.5 months of waiting they sent me email asking for more documents..I applied from egypt
Old Jul 19th 2014, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Is there any updates ???? No one got his passport
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Steve Junion is an unknown quantity at this point

I've pretty much stopped caring now. It's been over 10 weeks for me with no contact. If they tell me to travel half way across the country for some ridiculous interview I already had when I got citizenship I will seriously lose my temper.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Your feelings are quite understandable. I hope things work out for you soon.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Your feelings are quite understandable. I hope things work out for you soon.
And you windsong? Have you sent off your application? Timeline? I know you are set to depart in sept.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.