Passport Application Sent off: 27/03/2014
Payment Taken: 03/04/2014
Office emailed my countersignature: 12/06/2014
Office Emailed me to confirm passport been issued: 17/06/2014
Passport Sent off via DHL 18/06/2014
Supporting documents sent: 19/06/2014
Supporting documents received: 23/06/2014

----
Hopefully passport arrives tomorrow or this week..

A word of warning to everyone here about what 'package' they use... it is not Express 9am or Express 10am and so on.

It says on my DHL Package (Express Worldwide) - 4 days or 5 if there is delays.
I'm sure your passport will be with you soon,
And then, if your wife needs it you can experience the wonderful Beijing visa office, another complaint will be made believe me. It's clear the uk is becoming a laughing stock in the way they operate
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:21 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hey man!

What was the time 'gap' between your passport and supporting docs? same day or the next days?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Hey man!

What was the time 'gap' between your passport and supporting docs? same day or the next days?
Mine was same day
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was always 1-2 days, although the most recent was December.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I wondered how long it took the passport office to acknowledge reciept of your application pack? Mine was delivered last Friday and payment has already been taken (but seems to have been taken before the pack was delivered).

Thanks!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gillymonkey
Hi,

I wondered how long it took the passport office to acknowledge reciept of your application pack? Mine was delivered last Friday and payment has already been taken (but seems to have been taken before the pack was delivered).

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean about the payment taken before the pack was delivered.

The passport won't acknowledge they have your application, they won't even contact you unless there is a problem and even then it's highly doubtful they will. If you want to check they have your application you can wait for 4-6 weeks and call the advice line to request a call back. 90% of the time they won't.
If you know the office you could also try and call them directly.
I, along with many here had a terrible experience with this.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:30 am
mzh
Just Joined

mzh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I have travel plans to the UK on 25 July from Dubai and am still waiting for my newborn's passport and obv concerned that it will not arrive in time.

I have an idea/plan to get to the UK and get a passport and thought I'd share to ask/get your opinions.

I think I can get an ETD for him to travel to the UK but will be unable to return to Dubai using the ETD.

Can I cancel the existing application, take him to the UK using the ETD and submit a fast track application from the UK to receive his passport within a week while we are in the UK (then travel back to Dubai on his new passport)?

Will the PO allow an application from the UK for a newborn born outside the UK, given he will be in the UK at the time of application?

Thanks all
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:30 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Posted this in my own thread but i'll post it here!

Hey guys thought i'll share the great news!!

*****PASSPORT RECEIVED*****

Passport received 24/06/2014

---
-------
-------
- Good Luck to those waiting!

C
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:57 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gillymonkey
Hi,

Thanks!
Both of my (separate) applications for replacement PPs took 5 working days to appear as' being processed'.

Last edited by 37100; Jun 24th 2014 at 8:01 am.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

---
-------
-------

C
Congrats man!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

---
-------
-------

C
About time mate. Only 3 months roughly. gotta laugh at the good old British efficiency. Pathetic. The country and the service to those who put them in power is a farce.
The whole country needs a good shaking from the roots up. You should read about those poor buggers in Hong Kong who are stranded while the "Brit in charge of the FCO" who is supposed to be helping them there is living the life in the most expensive apartment in HK. Payed by the tax payer but they had to close down the passport processing office to save cash while the cow runs about having cocktail partys.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 12:07 pm
Looking Around~

Yea, finally... it's in my hands!! Jesus Christ what a trip.... good luck to you mate! and the rest!

you'll get there in the end!!!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Not sure what you mean about the payment taken before the pack was delivered.

The passport won't acknowledge they have your application, they won't even contact you unless there is a problem and even then it's highly doubtful they will. If you want to check they have your application you can wait for 4-6 weeks and call the advice line to request a call back. 90% of the time they won't.
If you know the office you could also try and call them directly.
I, along with many here had a terrible experience with this.
Thanks, I meant I could see the payment charge on my credit card before I had even shipped off the declaration form and all my supporting documents.

I guess I just need to wait now.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

britkids is an unknown quantity at this point

Think it would be good if more of us guys shared your experience with the media just to ram home this farcical process.
Anyone interested?
Old Jun 30th 2014, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Just an update:

Baby's Blue book all done and my wife's visa successfully completed today - Looking forward to flying to London...finally

I got a call from the Newport Passport Office apologising for the delays - did anyone else get this? Still proceeded with my complaint
good luck to everyone still waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.