Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 14th 2014, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Lou549
Hello all,
I hope since I last posted a comment some of you have had progress? I've put my family out there in terms of the Scottish media and the good news is that I think my son's passport will be with us this week. I won't believe it until it's physically in my hand. Anyway, I just wanted to put out an offer of help/assistance - if any of you guys need someone to help send tweets/facebook messages/emails/phone calls etc I will happily help. Just message me. This is a far bigger issue than the government wants to accept, but it is gaining ground, as it should. Furthermore, just because we are not in our country of origin at the moment doesn't mean it's ok to abandon us! xxxx
I think the expats in particular should create holy hell over there. This is a national disgrace!
Old Jun 14th 2014, 11:07 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
You are wrong mate. He is Chinese by birth through his mother as he was born in China. Think you need to read up on the Chinese nationality law. Doesnt matter you never registered him. If 1 parent is Chinese and he is born there then he is a Chinese citizen.

Also i added some to my above post since you replied.

I presume he wass born in a local hospital and issued a local bc? If so then sorry fella he is Chinese if Mom is.
True, to some 'extent' but he was never registered with the local authorities and never put on a Hukou,

He has a Medical BC not a full Chinese BC, (there is 2 of them)

Chinese by birth? well maybe but no document says he is. so he doesn't need to 'Renounce' if there is no proof (it seems you and me was told different stories m8) British embassy told me he is British 'at birth' - but if one parent is Chinese, she has the right to make her son/daughter Chinese. - by choice This is only if the other parent is a foreigner lol - Also when i applied for his consular birth certificate, they was very strict and asked me is he a 'chinese citizen'? i said of course not... then they also requested to see my wife's Hukou and make sure he is 'NOT ON IT' - so im not sure which is true, you was told one story i was told the other? - Because my son is not registered anywhere with any Chinese document. - We confirmed this with the 'local authorities' and they said it's fine, just get him his British passport then leave when you can. (but still requires an exist visa....) - so it's very confusing.

by the way, did you add your son/daughter to the Hukou? :O - if so... ya shouldn't of done that man, if you plan to get him a British passport... your wife/family will be in the shit. (something like this happened recently) - and husband ended up being deported.

What i did was when the baby is born, get straight down to the embassy get him his consular birth certificate and that's it.

No need for any Chinese bollocks/documents

Last edited by Vexcore; Jun 15th 2014 at 12:33 am.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
True, to some 'extent' but he was never registered with the local authorities and never put on a Hukou,

He has a Medical BC not a full Chinese BC, (there is 2 of them)

Chinese by birth? well maybe but no document says he is. so he doesn't need to 'Renounce' if there is no proof (it seems you and me was told different stories m8) British embassy told me he is British 'at birth' - but if one parent is Chinese, she has the right to make her son/daughter Chinese. - by choice This is only if the other parent is a foreigner lol - Also when i applied for his consular birth certificate, they was very strict and asked me is he a 'chinese citizen'? i said of course not... then they also requested to see my wife's Hukou and make sure he is 'NOT ON IT' - so im not sure which is true, you was told one story i was told the other? - Because my son is not registered anywhere with any Chinese document. - We confirmed this with the 'local authorities' and they said it's fine, just get him his British passport then leave when you can. (but still requires an exist visa....) - so it's very confusing.

by the way, did you add your son/daughter to the Hukou? :O - if so... ya shouldn't of done that man, if you plan to get him a British passport... your wife/family will be in the shit. (something like this happened recently) - and husband ended up being deported.

What i did was when the baby is born, get straight down to the embassy get him his consular birth certificate and that's it.

No need for any Chinese bollocks/documents
When your baby is born in china they will receive a standard Chinese birth certificate which will have a slip on the bottom that can be removed. It is very important to use English characters for their name as this will help when applying for an exit visa.

By law the baby is Chinese until they leave china. BUT

If at birth you do not register the baby at the local PBS your child is not registered in your wife's hukou.

By applying for a consular birth certificate and british passport you are able to now apply for a blue book, exit visa, for the baby.
During this process they will remove the slip of paper on your chinese birth certificate hence renouncing chinese citizenship.

If you do not have the piece of paper on your birth certificate either because you registered your child in your wife's hukou or you've list it you will be refused an exit visa as your child is Chinese.

You will need to apply for a Chinese passport and british visa to leave china. This is a messy process as by law you will need to change his birth certificate in the future if you wanted to apply for a british passport in the future.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 5:43 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
When your baby is born in china they will receive a standard Chinese birth certificate which will have a slip on the bottom that can be removed. It is very important to use English characters for their name as this will help when applying for an exit visa.

By law the baby is Chinese until they leave china. BUT

If at birth you do not register the baby at the local PBS your child is not registered in your wife's hukou.

By applying for a consular birth certificate and british passport you are able to now apply for a blue book, exit visa, for the baby.
During this process they will remove the slip of paper on your chinese birth certificate hence renouncing chinese citizenship.

If you do not have the piece of paper on your birth certificate either because you registered your child in your wife's hukou or you've list it you will be refused an exit visa as your child is Chinese.

You will need to apply for a Chinese passport and british visa to leave china. This is a messy process as by law you will need to change his birth certificate in the future if you wanted to apply for a british passport in the future.
I know man, that's what i've done.

I just think John did a different method? im all good.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

I know man, that's what i've done.

I just think John did a different method? im all good.
Nope mate. I did the same. No Chinese characters, no houko, still have the white slip of paper. Doesn't avoid the fact you will still have to renounce. Having no Chinese characters doesn't stop your child being Chinese. Just stops being eligible for the family book.
The consular birth certificate is not some magical pass to avoid Chinese citizenship. It is great for applying for uk passport etc but that is it. It is just a registration of a British birth abroad. You will see when u go for the exit book and visa. Once u have the passport you will still have to renounce. Just go ask the people on some of the forums who have done this. Been reading up on this for over a year.

Also everything the other poster said is exactly what I said. Minus the renouncing. Also I hope if u did the supposed no Chinese way then u registered the kid with immigration or you pay an overstay fine for x amount.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:33 am
Looking Around~

Nope mate. I did the same. No Chinese characters, no houko, still have the white slip of paper. Doesn't avoid the fact you will still have to renounce. Having no Chinese characters doesn't stop your child being Chinese. Just stops being eligible for the family book.
The consular birth certificate is not some magical pass to avoid Chinese citizenship. It is great for applying for uk passport etc but that is it. It is just a registration of a British birth abroad. You will see when u go for the exit book and visa. Once u have the passport you will still have to renounce. Just go ask the people on some of the forums who have done this. Been reading up on this for over a year.

Also everything the other poster said is exactly what I said. Minus the renouncing. Also I hope if u did the supposed no Chinese way then u registered the kid with immigration or you pay an overstay fine for x amount.
Yea im well 'aware' of that Blue book exit visa, my son isn't registered with anything, also what 'white slip of paper' ? you mean on his medical certificate ? at the bottom? that's what i have.

Shouldn't have to pay any 'overstay' fine (bloody hope not) just deport me and my son then. - not arsed lol

Then again fella, maybe it's different for each city ?
Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

It must vary from each PBS as what I posted was directly from the lady who will process my blue book tomorrow!
Firstly there is no fine for a baby born in china and no requirement to register with the local police. The child is chinese at birth, so they are not in china illegally.

Where confusions lies is that as each PBS operates differently, some require you to register on your wife's hukou thus resulting in you having to renounce chinese citizenship if you want a british passport. Where as some will give the child a blue book once they have seen the child has a british passport and English name.
Also
If you have Chinese name on birth certificate
You will have to register your child on your wife's hukou. Get a chinese passport and apply to renounce chinese citizenship if you wish to get a british passport in china. You cannot register the birth at the british embassy.
Like wise if you have an English name,
You cannot register on your wife's hukou, So the only option is to get a consular birth certificate, get british passport, get blue book. Automatically renounce chinese citizenship.

So by that logic the consular birth certificate is important.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:07 am
Looking Around~

It must vary from each PBS as what I posted was directly from the lady who will process my blue book tomorrow!
Firstly there is no fine for a baby born in china and no requirement to register with the local police. The child is chinese at birth, so they are not in china illegally.

Where confusions lies is that as each PBS operates differently, some require you to register on your wife's hukou thus resulting in you having to renounce chinese citizenship if you want a british passport. Where as some will give the child a blue book once they have seen the child has a british passport and English name.
Also
You will have to register your child on your wife's hukou. Get a chinese passport and apply to renounce chinese citizenship if you wish to get a british passport in china. You cannot register the birth at the british embassy.
You cannot register on your wife's hukou, So the only option is to get a consular birth certificate, get british passport, get blue book. Automatically renounce chinese citizenship.

My lad, has MBC and Consular BC nothing more nothing less. - police here are not arsed about him being on a Houku book. because they recognize him as Chinese lol. - but once i get his passport i'm getting that exit visa and GTFO out of this country.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

My lad, has MBC and Consular BC nothing more nothing less. - police here are not arsed about him being on a Houku book. because they recognize him as Chinese lol. - but once i get his passport i'm getting that exit visa and GTFO out of this country.
ROFL... Yea dont blame you. When my little 1 was born we was told to register her at the local cop shop as a foreigner. We took her but without a passport we couldnt register her. they told us we have to go to the local Exit/entry place to register her or we would be fined upon leaving. I couldnt be arsed so have not done it, gonna play dumb. She is still Chinese until receive passport so not going to register her.

just dont lose the local bc with the tear off piece at the bottom. Thats the only way they will issue the exit book/visa. without it you got probs. The rules changed in july, then september last year so god knows what the score is now.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Also

Understood. seems like what you said about each PSB has their own rules. They dont know their ass from their elbows. Seems Shanghai and BJ are the strictest. We got told one thing but then another in GZ.

All lulz here in CN
Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:44 am
Looking Around~

Understood. seems like what you said about each PSB has their own rules. They dont know their ass from their elbows. Seems Shanghai and BJ are the strictest. We got told one thing but then another in GZ.

All lulz here in CN
LOL Same here,

'All LuL'z here in CN'
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Just got back from the PBS,
Everything went well as planned chinese citizenship renounced and now a 10 day wait for the blue book to be ready.
One change to look out for
Since that start of the year the law pans changed slightly in that the blue book must have a chinese name. So I was asked to put a name down. This will go alongside the child's English name. So have a chinese name ready.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Just got back from the PBS,
Everything went well as planned chinese citizenship renounced and now a 10 day wait for the blue book to be ready.
One change to look out for
Since that start of the year the law pans changed slightly in that the blue book must have a chinese name. So I was asked to put a name down. This will go alongside the child's English name. So have a chinese name ready.
What? lol... Really? that is pretty messed up. Well good luck. Least you got through it. How long was your wait for the pp application?
What chinese name will you use? I am thinking of Un Yun or Sum Ting Wong
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

What? lol... Really? that is pretty messed up. Well good luck. Least you got through it. How long was your wait for the pp application?
What chinese name will you use? I am thinking of Un Yun or Sum Ting Wong
PP application was 12 weeks. Took a lot of calls, complaints and direct contact with the Liverpool office.

You choose a name at the time of application, I just translated my sons name into chinese as it's a well known western name. And used my wife's surname. They also take the English name alongside it. When leaving china the officials will have a glance and that is it. The blue book will go straight in the bin never to be spoken of again

As for names ho lee f*k would me more apt
Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:22 am
Looking Around~

lol @ Chinese names!

Anyway back on topic!

----
----------
---------------
After a long fight with the passport office many phones calls emails and 2 visits from my mother (thanks mum) lol - They have finally emailed me my sons 'REF' number' - Praise the gods and the lords...

And they have also emailed my 'counter signature' requesting him to send a colour photocopy of his passport to double check he is who he is etc.... then hopefully they will issue my sons passport...

There is some light at the end of the tunnel here... (i hope)

Last edited by Vexcore; Jun 16th 2014 at 7:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.