Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 12th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by JAJ
Guide ROA, page 7, refers to a "current" passport:
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload.../guide_roa.pdf

The 2006 Regulations don't specifically say "current" passport but I would expect that would be implicit.
I wonder how long it takes, though. I suppose it is unknown.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't they (intend to?) remove the ROA certificate as part of the Immigration Act?
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

britpassport1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know if you can get ETD for a child born overseas. I've applied for a first passport and the waiting time is 16 weeks and there are reports of even further delays
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:18 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at 11 weeks now... soon to be 3 months very soon...

i would like to get an ETD... but i don't want to pay for it... simply because i already paid for my sons passport... all this press/media/coverage is a good thing.

Hopefully it will get the boat sailing again.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by britpassport1
Do you know if you can get ETD for a child born overseas. I've applied for a first passport and the waiting time is 16 weeks and there are reports of even further delays
Good news guys.... You can now get an ETD for your kid. Home office new ruling due to the clusterfk going on

BBC News - Fees cut as part of emergency passport backlog measures

Home Secretary Theresa May has announced measures to help clear the backlog in passport applications - and scrapped charges for urgent renewals.

People renewing their UK passports from overseas will be given a 12 month extension to their existing passport.

Those applying for passports overseas on behalf of their children will be given emergency travel documents.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:03 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

But i ain't paying for an ETD dude, shell out more cash?

How would they know i have applied for a passport if they want to give me an ETD?

Those applying for passports overseas on behalf of their children will be given emergency travel documents.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

This is it...

After 12 weeks of waiting anxiously, dealing with useless and inept advice line staff, being told my sons passport application was lost only for it to be miraculously found and processed, it all comes down tomorrow.

DHL have told me they will deliver 2 packages tomorrow- the passport office contacted me today to tell me this too.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

It took a huge amount of calls, complaints and persistence but tomorrow there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:19 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
This is it...

After 12 weeks of waiting anxiously, dealing with useless and inept advice line staff, being told my sons passport application was lost only for it to be miraculously found and processed, it all comes down tomorrow.

DHL have told me they will deliver 2 packages tomorrow- the passport office contacted me today to tell me this too.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

It took a huge amount of calls, complaints and persistence but tomorrow there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.
AWESOME!! congratz man!

12 weeks!? well im not far behind you!

keep us posted!!
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vexcore
But i ain't paying for an ETD dude, shell out more cash?

How would they know i have applied for a passport if they want to give me an ETD?

They said "given" rather than can buy if you want. Will have to see though. you know what they are like.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

britpassport1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Though what isn't clear from May's statement is whether they will issue ETD for first passport application for a child. Also, what do you do if you have already submitted your application.

Guess will have to wait for a few days for the dust to settle down and then work out the next steps
Old Jun 12th 2014, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britpassport1
Though what isn't clear from May's statement is whether they will issue ETD for first passport application for a child. Also, what do you do if you have already submitted your application.

Guess will have to wait for a few days for the dust to settle down and then work out the next steps
Well before they couldn't/wouldn't but now they will issue them. but yep will have to wait a bit to see what happens. Best call your local Consulate. They will have been updated with all the relevant info.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

So after 12 weeks
Passport finally in hand, also supporting documents arrived at the same time...life can move on!

Good luck to everyone still waiting...it took persistence to get a result.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:28 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
So after 12 weeks
Passport finally in hand, also supporting documents arrived at the same time...life can move on!

Good luck to everyone still waiting...it took persistence to get a result.
Hope you'll 'stick around' for a bit!

Can you tell us the 'timeline' you applied?

Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Did you ask the embassy about the ETD? They are issuing them now for sure for noobs even without a prior pp
Old Jun 13th 2014, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Arrived at Liverpool 21/03/14
Payment taken 24/03/14
Told passport was lost 02/06/14

Emailed MP, sent complaints to literally ever email, contacted Liverpool office directly.

Passport printed and sent 05/06/14
Passport delivered 13/06/14

Beijing embassy were prepared to give my son an ETD if I needed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.