Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

I wouldn't panic too much about vaccinations. Firstly, you're talking about next year. Secondly, many doctors actually recommend a delayed schedule here, and they don't all push every shot, so being a little late may be ok for you. Thirdly all western countries set their own schedule and they're all different. So I'm sure whenever it's done will fit with someone's recommendation.

A friend here actually had her children vaccinated while they were still living in The Netherlands, and they do some of them earlier than here. When they came here, the health unit insisted they be redone as it had been too early for their liking.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JamrockBrit
Hi there to all those suffering overseas passport delays. We are at 11 weeks tomorrow here in Jamaica waiting for a child's British passport renewal (child had a new style red book but this had recently expired). Application received in Durham and payment taken on 25 March, one call from Durham to say everything received - around 7 weeks ago now. - and 'we will be contacted if any further information is required'. Not a peep out of them since, despite many phone calls, 72 hr callback requests, emails and correspondence with local MP. When MP tried to track it down last week a supervisor said they had 'no record of the application'. Strange that when the finance department obviously had the file to take the payment!! Anyway, have been reading the newspaper pieces with a sinking feeling. Unlike some other posters, at least we have the option of the ETD as the child is British, born in UK to British parents and we have the birth certificate here, father's British passport etc. I really sympathise with some of the horrendous delays and circumstances written about here on the forum and elsewhere. And don't even talk to me about the 0300 helpline, who repeatedly ask for reference numbers when they know that overseas applications don't have a reference number/ barcode. I could go on but have spent enough time on 'the passport' problem already today! Good luck to everyone, especially the +10 weekers - it is a complete shambles. At this rate the child in question won't reach the UK in time for school in September, let alone the rest of this term.

Hang in there!
I was in almost identical situation, except I am in china and my application was sent to Liverpool.
I was also told that my application was not in the system after 11 weeks of waiting.
I tried asking the embassy to investigate on my behalf and you can also to try to ring Durham direct. You might have to search for the number - try facebook.
Because OS don't have a reference they are harder to search for on the system, this was what I was told by a lady in the Liverpool office. She also said that sometimes they will email saying they cannot find your application so you can send additional info as a security check. Talk about making lame excuses.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:34 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
I wouldn't panic too much about vaccinations. Firstly, you're talking about next year. Secondly, many doctors actually recommend a delayed schedule here, and they don't all push every shot, so being a little late may be ok for you. Thirdly all western countries set their own schedule and they're all different. So I'm sure whenever it's done will fit with someone's recommendation.

A friend here actually had her children vaccinated while they were still living in The Netherlands, and they do some of them earlier than here. When they came here, the health unit insisted they be redone as it had been too early for their liking.
That's just one reason though.... i said before we have a family member 'dying' and i NEED TO BE THERE WITH MY SON but the bastards at liverpool office are delaying me...

Just annoying. im not letting this slide once i get his passport.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vexcore
That's just one reason though.... i said before we have a family member 'dying' and i NEED TO BE THERE WITH MY SON but the bastards at liverpool office are delaying me...

Just annoying. im not letting this slide once i get his passport.
Did you manage to ask the british embassy about an ETD?
If your nearest embassy is Beijing, I can give you the number and name of the consulate who said she could try and arrange it
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:39 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Did you manage to ask the british embassy about an ETD?
If your nearest embassy is Beijing, I can give you the number and name of the consulate who said she could try and arrange it
Give that number fella!! and yes it's Beijing!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Give that number fella!! and yes it's Beijing!
Cool
Here name is
Sunny
Extension number 3363

She will also send an email on your behalf to investigate what is happening.
Fingers crossed once they receive your letter they will process your passport in a day.
If you think , it takes about 3 weeks or get the baby's exit visa. Unless your wife is chinese, you won't need to spend any time on arranging visas etc.
So you should def be able to fly before August. Provided you passport arrives in the next 3 weeks.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:47 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Cool
Here name is
Sunny
Extension number 3363

She will also send an email on your behalf to investigate what is happening.
Fingers crossed once they receive your letter they will process your passport in a day.
If you think , it takes about 3 weeks or get the baby's exit visa. Unless your wife is chinese, you won't need to spend any time on arranging visas etc.
So you should def be able to fly before August. Provided you passport arrives in the next 3 weeks.
Yes the wife is chinese.

i'll phone sunny! and see what happens!

cheers!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Yes the wife is chinese.

i'll phone sunny! and see what happens!

cheers!
This is more exciting than "game of thrones" which i am just about to watch the latest of..... Keep us all posted kid!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:59 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
This is more exciting than "game of thrones" which i am just about to watch the latest of..... Keep us all posted kid!
lol love GOT! i'll tap cersei though. mmmm
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dashie

My little 1 here in China has only had 2 so far at 5 months old. Had the polio drops and the BCG. The docs kept pushing from the day she was born to pump her full of vaccines. We even had to sign a waiver to say we declined the 2 day old Hep vaccine as i dont agree with pumping noobs with shots. They said its fine as they can give 3 in 1 go. Heads rolled in the hospital after that. Turns out a week after we left the hospital 10 newborns died from those exact shots (not in that hospital).
I agree with getting shots but they should be staggered not like a frenzy. Hep will be next this week but i only waited till her BCG scab had healed before i allow this.

by the way i do this as i dont trust "Big Pharma" with my daughters health and chinese doctors less so.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

lol love GOT! i'll tap cersei though. mmmm
Snap lol
Old Jun 9th 2014, 4:09 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
My little 1 here in China has only had 2 so far at 5 months old. Had the polio drops and the BCG. The docs kept pushing from the day she was born to pump her full of vaccines. We even had to sign a waiver to say we declined the 2 day old Hep vaccine as i dont agree with pumping noobs with shots. They said its fine as they can give 3 in 1 go. Heads rolled in the hospital after that. Turns out a week after we left the hospital 10 newborns died from those exact shots (not in that hospital).
I agree with getting shots but they should be staggered not like a frenzy. Hep will be next this week but i only waited till her BCG scab had healed before i allow this.

by the way i do this as i dont trust "Big Pharma" with my daughters health and chinese doctors less so.
My son has had his TB shot at birth... little mark on his left arm, and the 5-in 1 injection the European one cost me 700 each... and his Hepatitis injections

and that's all he has had nothing more.

don't trust the others.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There's no electronic records of old blue passports - hence why you can't be issued an ETD based on one.

You really only have three options.

1. Attempt to obtain an ETD from your local British consulate using your expired blue passport and your birth certificate. I doubt they will be willing to issue you one if you're a US citizen and there aren't any compelling or compassionate grounds but it's worth a try.

2. Apply for a new British passport and accept the current extended processing times means you may not be able to travel when you want to.

3. Go to the UK on your US passport, taking your expired blue British passport and British birth certificate and explain your situation to the IO at the border. Unless they have serious doubts about your identity you should be allowed to enter as a British citizen and told to renew your British passport as soon as possible.

Isn't there a fourth option - apply for a Right of Abode stamp in a valid foreign passport?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Isn't there a fourth option - apply for a Right of Abode stamp in a valid foreign passport?
I pray it is an option to enter on a US passport, ignoring my expired UK passport completely.

My old blue book passport expired over 10 years ago and I understand they are not listed in the computerized immigration database - so how do I prove citizenship to IO if I go in with my expired passport? Granted, I will have my birth certificate but where is the proof I didn't renounce UK citizenship? I didn't and never would but how do I prove it?

Should I just forget this problem and go in as a US citizen?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I pray it is an option to enter on a US passport, ignoring my expired UK passport completely.
Have you any particular reason to disbelieve the information given to you in post #445?

My old blue book passport expired over 10 years ago and I understand they are not listed in the computerized immigration database - so how do I prove citizenship to IO if I go in with my expired passport? Granted, I will have my birth certificate but where is the proof I didn't renounce UK citizenship? I didn't and never would but how do I prove it?
Records of all renunciations are held by the Home Office. I think it's unlikely that the question would even be asked.

You should check that the airline will let you travel to the U.K. on a one way ticket (unless you plan to buy a return). It is not mandatory for U.S. passport holders to have a return ticket, however some airlines may be more concerned about this than others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.