Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 7th 2014, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Lou549 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Kenya
Hi,

My son was born in Kenya in August 2013. My husband and I are both British citizens and passport holders (other than by descent). We submitted his passport application to the UK, Durham office, in December last year. It has still not been completed and when I call for updates I am told it is still undergoing routing security checks. The website advises the minimum time for processing is 12 weeks, which have expired. They will not advise on how long the application could take to be completed and there is no maximum time (which is quite worrying...).

Has anyone else experienced delays with the applications for first passports for a child born overseas? Or has anyone recently applied from Kenya, via the UK, and if so could you please advise on how long the application took? Also, any tips on ways to expedite the process?

Many thanks.
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has any progress with their passports? I' haven't received my son's passport and my husband has to return to the UK for his work. The prospect of being alone in Australia with my seven month old is far from ideal. I'm absolutely shocked by the way this situation is being handled by the passport office. I can fully understand that delays etc happen but their refusal to provide any information about where my son's passport is in the 'queue' and even a rough timescale is positively obstructive. All I want them to do at this stage is give me some information so that I can make plans - our lease is up on our home and I need to find somewhere to live if the passport isn't coming anytime soon. I've been promised call back within 72 hours three times now and it's never happened. I've also seen some press coverage about this but not a lot - I work in PR and I'm considering going to the press. Would anyone be willing to participate by being a case study and telling their story?
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Fazmattaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lou549
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has any progress with their passports? I' haven't received my son's passport and my husband has to return to the UK for his work. The prospect of being alone in Australia with my seven month old is far from ideal. I'm absolutely shocked by the way this situation is being handled by the passport office. I can fully understand that delays etc happen but their refusal to provide any information about where my son's passport is in the 'queue' and even a rough timescale is positively obstructive. All I want them to do at this stage is give me some information so that I can make plans - our lease is up on our home and I need to find somewhere to live if the passport isn't coming anytime soon. I've been promised call back within 72 hours three times now and it's never happened. I've also seen some press coverage about this but not a lot - I work in PR and I'm considering going to the press. Would anyone be willing to participate by being a case study and telling their story?
I will. I'm at 11 weeks and haven't heard a damn thing. Applied for my daughters first passport from Egypt and am stuck here as I sent both my wife's and my passport with the application.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fazmattaz
I will. I'm at 11 weeks and haven't heard a damn thing. Applied for my daughters first passport from Egypt and am stuck here as I sent both my wife's and my passport with the application.
Which office did you send your application to?
Old Jun 7th 2014, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I'd be happy to share!
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point

72 hours! Don't believe that parrot they have in their email response team. You will never hear from anyone. Call the office where your passport has gone to. Liverpool office numbers are in one of threads here.
They are trying all the tricks in the world to delay the process for people.
Some guy from Liverpool office called and told me that it will be ready in the next 2 weeks. Indeed!

It is 5 weeks since he said that. Still haven't got my son's passport.

This is the most pathetic service ever!
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithc
72 hours! Don't believe that parrot they have in their email response team. You will never hear from anyone. Call the office where your passport has gone to. Liverpool office numbers are in one of threads here.
They are trying all the tricks in the world to delay the process for people.
Some guy from Liverpool office called and told me that it will be ready in the next 2 weeks. Indeed!

It is 5 weeks since he said that. Still haven't got my son's passport.

This is the most pathetic service ever!
Well, when you get back over there - VOTE these people out! I think it is abominable conduct by HMPO.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fazmattaz
Same here. .applied for my son from egypt 11 weeks ago, they had the payment on 17th of march 2014 , application sent to Durham. Thier website said 6 weeks now it says 12 weeks..why they need all that time?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:31 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by green121
Same here. .applied for my son from egypt 11 weeks ago, they had the payment on 17th of march 2014 , application sent to Durham. Thier website said 6 weeks now it says 12 weeks..why they need all that time?
Not Enough staff.

i'm at 10 weeks (im in china)
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Not Enough staff.

i'm at 10 weeks (im in china)
Troys save money by wasting everyone else time and money
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:40 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Well, get in line fella, check back many pages on this thread... you and me are NOT ALONE....

one guy is at 20 weeks.... jesus fkin christ.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Kenya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Hi Lou,

I would be willing to participate. Applied in December from Kenya, via Durham office, and still waiting.

FYI - the Guardian is covering this to some extent, although without a focus on the overseas angle. I may send the journalist a link to this thread. Perhaps you and others could do so too? Here's a link to the article: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ations-backlog
Old Jun 8th 2014, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenya
Hi Lou,

I would be willing to participate. Applied in December from Kenya, via Durham office, and still waiting.

FYI - the Guardian is covering this to some extent, although without a focus on the overseas angle. I may send the journalist a link to this thread. Perhaps you and others could do so too? Here's a link to the article: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ations-backlog
The Torygraph & Daily Fail have also published articles on the subject. Tweeting/emailing the journalists who wrote the articles, & editors, might help keep the subject in the public eye.

S
Old Jun 8th 2014, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

This whole passport situation has me in a stressful quandary at this point. I was about to mail off my supporting documents on Friday and received news at work that has changed my circumstances completely. I now need to be there within the month and it is impossible to get my passport renewed in that time. There aren't even any emergency travel docs for people with an old expired blue passport like me. I can't even pay to rush it through within a few weeks. It is absolutely disgusting! If the timeframe were the old six week rule, then I could try it, but not at 12 weeks or more!

My sister is now 73 and at this rate I will never see her!

Last edited by windsong; Jun 8th 2014 at 5:38 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, Consular officers have a certain amount of discretion they can apply to the issuing of ETDs, depending on circumstances.

S
Old Jun 8th 2014, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Windsong, Consular officers have a certain amount of discretion they can apply to the issuing of ETDs, depending on circumstances.

S
Even if my passport (old blue book) expired 10+ years ago?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.