Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 31st 2014, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Firsttimemom
Hi all, just thought I would post to share with you my experience. I applied in person to British Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand on 19th March 2014. The application was received by Liverpool office on 24th March 2014.

It is now over 10 weeks since the application was received and no
communication has been received regarding the status of the
application.

I have contacted the passport advice line on 15 occasions, I have
requested call backs, emails and listened to the standard "you will
receive a reply in 72 hours" and still nothing. No contact or
information. I have tried to escalate the matter with supervisors at
the passport advice line and again still nothing. This is diabolical
service and completely unacceptable. The customer service agents are
completely unprepared to deal with questions about overseas
applications. They always ask for a tracking number, which is not
given when applications are made in person overseas. Once I explain
this time and time again, they are confused what to do and again
inform me that an email will be sent on my behalf to Liverpool office.
This process is repeated every time I call and now after 15 times of
repeating- still no information is given or contact made from anybody
who can help! The overall wait time to even have my call answered by the helpline has been over 40 minutes this week.

I have followed procedure 1 of the complaints process and again
nothing! I find it incredible that an agency such at the
UKPA, find it acceptable to treat people in such an unprofessional
manner.

I have contacted my local MP back in the UK to inform him of my
disgust and hope that he brings this matter to the highest point of
complaint. I will also be contacting the British press if this
situation is not remedied ASAP.

I am currently living in Thailand and the country is in a volatile and dangerous situation. It has been taken over by a military coup and we are all subject to night time curfews. This alone leaves us in an extremely dangerous situation, should we need to leave, we cannot due to my son not having his passport issued to date.
Secondly, my father is sick at the moment and I need to get back to
the UK with my son ASAP. He is under going surgery and needs me there
with my family.
All of these details have been communicated to the passport advice
line attendants on numerous occasions. I highlighted the seriousness
of my situation and again still nothing! No communication, no
timeframe, no details at all. Again this is a diabolical handling of
my sons first passport application.
I am astounded that after 10 weeks of having the application in the
Liverpool office, nothing has been done to date. I am due to fly home in 3 weeks but it is looking unlikely that it will be issued by then. I am beyond upset and frustrated at the lack of care that we have been shown by the UKPA.
I am in an identical situation to you. Exact dates. The Liverpool office received my application on the 24th too. But from china.
Yesterday I called and took 45 minutes to get through.

You are not alone.
I have highlighted on many occasions that my wife doesn't have her passport, a security risk in china. I sent it because the clowns in the passport office told me I needed to, turns out I didn't. They don't care about the situation.
There are many who are experiencing hell from the sheer incompetence on display. I will be also making complaints and this disgraceful operation will be reviewed and changed.
Old May 31st 2014, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Kenya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Muheza
Hi kenya,

Have you received your son/daughter's passport yet? I think you were over 17 weeks when you last posted. Please update me so that i know how much longer i might have to wait. Thanks
Hi Muheza,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been offline for a couple of weeks. Still nothing. How about you? My application was received by them on 31st December, so over 20 weeks now.
Old May 31st 2014, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
I am in an identical situation to you. Exact dates. The Liverpool office received my application on the 24th too. But from china.
Yesterday I called and took 45 minutes to get through.

You are not alone.
I have highlighted on many occasions that my wife doesn't have her passport, a security risk in china. I sent it because the clowns in the passport office told me I needed to, turns out I didn't. They don't care about the situation.
There are many who are experiencing hell from the sheer incompetence on display. I will be also making complaints and this disgraceful operation will be reviewed and changed.
Thats pretty bad organisation from the HMPO. Did they tell you that here in China? Been pretty standard that passports apps from China only need photocopys as passport required by law while there. I renewd mine last year and the GOV website said to only send a copy and not the original for that reason.

I would raise hell mate. They advised you to do something illegal against their own rules. Your wife can (edit to say WILL) be held by the immigration here now if she is caught without her passport and visa. I would email your MP and get straight onto the papers about that. Seriousely bad form from them. I will try to find the reporters email add from The South China Morning Post who wrote an article about this problem in HK. Wait me out and i will find his email for you.

[email protected]

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...-mess#comments

Last edited by johno5175; May 31st 2014 at 2:43 pm.
Old May 31st 2014, 3:29 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
Thats pretty bad organisation from the HMPO. Did they tell you that here in China? Been pretty standard that passports apps from China only need photocopys as passport required by law while there. I renewd mine last year and the GOV website said to only send a copy and not the original for that reason.

I would raise hell mate. They advised you to do something illegal against their own rules. Your wife can (edit to say WILL) be held by the immigration here now if she is caught without her passport and visa. I would email your MP and get straight onto the papers about that. Seriousely bad form from them. I will try to find the reporters email add from The South China Morning Post who wrote an article about this problem in HK. Wait me out and i will find his email for you.

[email protected]

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...-mess#comments
Awesome, thanks for the email (i'll use it just in case i wait 20 weeks...)

But seriously... as you said 'bad form' on there part i am shocked and really feel for that guy 20 weeks? RAISE HELL LIKE YOU HAVEN'T RAISED IT BEFORE
Old May 31st 2014, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Awesome, thanks for the email (i'll use it just in case i wait 20 weeks...)

But seriously... as you said 'bad form' on there part i am shocked and really feel for that guy 20 weeks? RAISE HELL LIKE YOU HAVEN'T RAISED IT BEFORE

Word of advice for you both (me too soon). Email the scmp reporter then immedietly email the MP followed by The HMPO complaints line with a copy of your emails.
Also email the MP with both copys of the emails to the scmp and the HMPO stating the legalitty (you dont need to wait 20 weeks) of your situations.

Dont know about vexcore but if same as my kid without hukou then they have no insurance and stuck in limbo without any protection.
Old May 31st 2014, 4:11 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

My kid doesn't have a 'Hukou' if he does... he's a chinese citizen... NO WAY IN HELL he's becoming that.

His consular birth paper is enough to protect him i think... but just need to get that bastard passport.

Word of advice to you man.

don't get your son/daughter on a houkou. otherwise your wife and her family face a great penalty .... (it happened recently to one guy i know who tried to get dual citizen... for his son.)

and if you already have your kid on it.... then you are on 'thin ice dude' be careful. it's not wise...

I'm at '9 weeks' now..... pushing 10 by monday...
Old May 31st 2014, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

My kid doesn't have a 'Hukou' if he does... he's a chinese citizen... NO WAY IN HELL he's becoming that.

His consular birth paper is enough to protect him i think... but just need to get that bastard passport.

Word of advice to you man.

don't get your son/daughter on a houkou. otherwise your wife and her family face a great penalty .... (it happened recently to one guy i know who tried to get dual citizen... for his son.)

and if you already have your kid on it.... then you are on 'thin ice dude' be careful. it's not wise...

I'm at '9 weeks' now..... pushing 10 by monday...
Iam not that stupid.... I gave my daughter a full english name with no chance of pingyin or chinese character. The staff in the hospital warned "if you dont give chinese character she can never be chinese"

When i get the kiddas passport its bye bye. Visa exit in the UK passport and off tothe EU.
Old May 31st 2014, 4:28 pm
Looking Around~

lol top man
Old May 31st 2014, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

lol top man
From Merseyside.... Not the that stupid.
Old May 31st 2014, 5:03 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
From Merseyside.... Not the that stupid.
'sound m8'
Old May 31st 2014, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Not much consolation but according to mumsnet posts, it's not much better for applicants in the uk either at the moment.

What's hukou?
Old Jun 1st 2014, 3:39 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Dashie
Not much consolation but according to mumsnet posts, it's not much better for applicants in the uk either at the moment.

What's hukou?
Hukou

Family document in china.... very stupid and pathetic thing... but hey the Chinese need to be controlled somehow... it's to prove you don't have more than 2 kids... and other useless bollocks... insurance security healthcare etc etc

In china

Hukou is number one for ID
Chinese ID card is second
Chinese Passport is third

Amazing isn't it? lol
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie

What's hukou?
It's not too bad to be honest. They quote "3 weeks" (not "at least 3 weeks") for a first passport by post in the UK and it took about 4-5 for us.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
It's not too bad to be honest. They quote "3 weeks" (not "at least 3 weeks") for a first passport by post in the UK and it took about 4-5 for us.

The passport office and their 'at least' wording is comical.
I'm in china and the website at one point said 'at least 6 weeks'

When I rang the passport office at 8 weeks and 10 weeks they gave the usual garbage response of ' yes but the website says at least 6 weeks'
Does that mean that they can take 15, 20 weeks?

Like me selling my car and saying to someone it will be at least £1 only to sell it to them for £30,000
Should be 'no more than ' so they can actually get off their asses n offer the high quality service they lie about on their website
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 8:11 am
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
The passport office and their 'at least' wording is comical.
I'm in china and the website at one point said 'at least 6 weeks'

When I rang the passport office at 8 weeks and 10 weeks they gave the usual garbage response of ' yes but the website says at least 6 weeks'
Does that mean that they can take 15, 20 weeks?

Like me selling my car and saying to someone it will be at least £1 only to sell it to them for £30,000
Should be 'no more than ' so they can actually get off their asses n offer the high quality service they lie about on their website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.