Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 28th 2014, 9:34 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Already did that but they said as my mother didn't make the application for security reasons they could progress further.
Said the same to my 'mother' but... she mithered them and they booked an appointment for her (which is interesting)
Old May 28th 2014, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Said the same to my 'mother' but... she mithered them and they booked an appointment for her (which is interesting)
Been on hold for 45 minutes! Still no one picking up. Tried choosing the british option hoping for them to pass me onto the OS department but no luck.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:48 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Been on hold for 45 minutes! Still no one picking up. Tried choosing the british option hoping for them to pass me onto the OS department but no luck.
Don't give up dude, get that British defiance at them!

Chin up fella.
Old May 28th 2014, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Don't give up dude, get that British defiance at them!

Chin up fella.
Gave up lol

Will try again in a few hours...to be honest don't see the point they won't tell me anything neither will the progress team.
Earlier in the thread a guy posted 11 weeks for china. So I'll wait another week
Old May 28th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kenya
Thanks! I looked at the blog and it seems she managed to get a lot of information. I am going to submit a request, will let you know how it goes.
Hi kenya,

Have you received your son/daughter's passport yet? I think you were over 17 weeks when you last posted. Please update me so that i know how much longer i might have to wait. Thanks
Old May 28th 2014, 10:18 am
Looking Around~

Gave up lol

Will try again in a few hours...to be honest don't see the point they won't tell me anything neither will the progress team.
Earlier in the thread a guy posted 11 weeks for china. So I'll wait another week
You and me are both in china dude... and yes he got it at 11 weeks... i'll be at 8 weeks in 3 days.

Not holding my breath! i will wait and see if i have anything by June 10th.
Old May 28th 2014, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point

They really have some lovely people working in their customer emails response team!

---------

If, after you have applied for your passport, your application becomes more urgent, we may be able to process it more quickly. Please be aware that upgrades are only available at the discretion of Her Majesty's Passport Office after the submitted application has been fully examined and cannot be applied to applicants over the age of 16 applying for their first UK Passport.

In order to obtain an upgrade, the application must be processed under the Premium Service and an additional fee is payable. Payment can be made via credit/debit card over the telephone, or in person at a Passport Office. Even if payment is taken over the phone, a visit to the office may be necessary to collect the passport. To insure that the passport is ready for collection the same day, payment must made by 1:00pm.

A passport which has been printed but not delivered cannot be upgraded. If your passport is awaiting delivery form DX Secure you may contact them direct to identify you could pay for a timed delivery to ensure the passport is received on a specific date at a specific time.

If you require a service upgrade, you will need to contact the Advice line on 0300 222 0000 between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri. You will then be put through to a regional office; they will be able to make a decision as to whether a service upgrade is possible in your case.

------
Old May 28th 2014, 4:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Except an upgrade isn't available for non-UK residents.
Old May 28th 2014, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes. My reply to them was along the lines of checking their procedures.
Old May 28th 2014, 5:59 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Not to mention that the difficulties in getting to the passport office without a passport.
Old May 29th 2014, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

You would think an ETD would be available to British first time applicants born overseas. That why people can get their kid home and apply while there instead of being stuck in some other place. But nooo.
Old May 29th 2014, 11:40 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
You would think an ETD would be available to British first time applicants born overseas. That why people can get their kid home and apply while there instead of being stuck in some other place. But nooo.
Exactly... i can prove my son is 'British' via his 'consular' paper... but that isn't enough to issue an ETD?

What if there was a bomb or some big terrorist thing happen? i can leave but my son cant?

Makes my blood boil seriously.
Old May 29th 2014, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

They have started asking people to go to the local embassy with the baby. This is a new delaying tactic from them.
Old May 29th 2014, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smithc
They have started asking people to go to the local embassy with the baby. This is a new delaying tactic from them.
That's what exactly i have been asked to do! Have you heard anyone go through that? I was supposed to attend a wedding in toronto. My whole family has gone apart from me and my little one! This is taking ages!
Old May 29th 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Muheza
That's what exactly i have been asked to do! Have you heard anyone go through that? I was supposed to attend a wedding in toronto. My whole family has gone apart from me and my little one! This is taking ages!
Yes I believe it is for people who are not in UK. Like if you are settled else where and applying for your kids first passport you have to go to the embassy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.