Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 13th 2014, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Vexcore
I don't think they have fella,

what about you Muheza any contact/email at all? anything!?
Yea i called, they will update me by email within 72 hours.. hope they do so!
Old May 13th 2014, 4:16 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muheza
Yea i called, they will update me by email within 72 hours.. hope they do so!
lol, they said the same thing to me 72 hours...

it's now been 8 days since i was told that '72' Hours is 8 days?

they're pathetic...
Old May 13th 2014, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, they said the same thing to me 72 hours...

it's now been 8 days since i was told that '72' Hours is 8 days?

they're pathetic...
I had to wait 2 weeks to get my call back!
I haven't had any updates but All I can do is wait it out for this week. This will be the 8th week.
Whatever happens I will be making a huge complaint about what, in my opinion, is deliberate misguidance and an extremely poor service.
6 weeks should NOT be mentioned any where on the website. It is incredibly misleading, having no realistic time frame is a joke... So I'm expected to wait for over 2 months, 4 months? And that is ok because the website says at least 6 weeks? Why not say at least 2 months.
It's just the passport office trying to cover their asses and their poor efficiency

Bottom line, We are paying money for an essential service, there should be realistic advice and time frames given to those applying abroad.
The OS guidance document- which says you can track after 4 weeks, and mentions nothing about reference numbers is a pathetic attempt to make it seem that the passport process is slick.
When you ring the number on the guidance document and are asked repeatedly for a reference number, you know it's a shambolic operation.
Old May 14th 2014, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

So before i can sort out my kids first passport i had to order a birth certificate from the GRO. Anyways i orderd it on the 24th April and still had not arrived to China so i used the online form complaint thingy to let them know i had not received it yet. I was expecting a wait of maybe at least a week for a reply...... BUT SHOCK HORROR!!!! 2 hours later i received an email stating they apologize for the delay and any issues it may of caused and will re-issue another bc withing 2 working days. Couldnt believe my eyes.

Shame the passport office cant be that efficient.
Old May 14th 2014, 4:57 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
So before i can sort out my kids first passport i had to order a birth certificate from the GRO. Anyways i orderd it on the 24th April and still had not arrived to China so i used the online form complaint thingy to let them know i had not received it yet. I was expecting a wait of maybe at least a week for a reply...... BUT SHOCK HORROR!!!! 2 hours later i received an email stating they apologize for the delay and any issues it may of caused and will re-issue another bc withing 2 working days. Couldnt believe my eyes.

My experience with GRO is the same.
Old May 14th 2014, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johno5175

Well I had 2 failed attempts by the GRO to deliver my certificates. In the end I had to deliver to my uk address and get family to send them via DHL.
GRO use the cheapest possible courier once the certificate arrives in china, hence the chance it goes missing is very high!
Old May 15th 2014, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Boredofwaiting is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of the advice and mutual support on here:

Passport application submitted 20th January
Childs Passport in hand 15th May

Full investigation apparently underway and report will be submitted to both us and our MP. If able to do so I will share any relevant feedback on here when the time comes. My gut feeling is that a new methodology was rushed through and now both the consumers and passport office staff are suffering for the consequences.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.
Old May 15th 2014, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boredofwaiting
Thanks for all of the advice and mutual support on here:

Passport application submitted 20th January
Childs Passport in hand 15th May

Full investigation apparently underway and report will be submitted to both us and our MP. If able to do so I will share any relevant feedback on here when the time comes. My gut feeling is that a new methodology was rushed through and now both the consumers and passport office staff are suffering for the consequences.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.
Congrats! Nearly 4 months is a disgrace! But at least the ordeal is over for you...wish I could say the same for myself, hope I'm not left waiting 4 months!
Old May 15th 2014, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Not over yet, got visa troubles here now apparently but I can't lay that at the door of the UK Passport Office!
Old May 15th 2014, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Not over yet, got visa troubles here now apparently but I can't lay that at the door of the UK Passport Office!
What happened?
Old May 15th 2014, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Well I had 2 failed attempts by the GRO to deliver my certificates. In the end I had to deliver to my uk address and get family to send them via DHL.
GRO use the cheapest possible courier once the certificate arrives in china, hence the chance it goes missing is very high!
Lol so then i have a long wait i see
Old May 15th 2014, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Kenya;11252497]Congratulations, that is really great news!

I do hope there's been a change to the procedure, it

Hi kenya,

Any updates? Still in security check? I was told its being reviewed by overseas collegues wondering if thats the same as security check as everyone says....Grrrr! its been 12 weeks and 5 days.i wonder how much longer to go!
Old May 16th 2014, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Muheza - that would be about the size of it, yes - security checks.

We now have passport in hand... because the passport took so long to come, the visa in the original ETD has expired - the overstay is of such duration that my employers have (just) managed to wangle us getting away with a hefty fine, BUT we have to leave the country and return again immediately to validate the new visa in the passport at which point HE MAY NOT LEAVE AGAIN FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS without invalidating his visa/ before his visa can be converted to multi entry, effectively condemning us as a family to not being able to leave this country from December last year until the end of August. Had we received the passport within a reasonable time frame (i.e. before the visa expired on 4th March - a reasonable 7 week window) we wouldn't be in this situation.

My employers are furious as they have lost a lot of face with the immigration service over this, we have a close family wedding the last weekend in August that we will just about arrive in time for no doubt jetlagged to hell.

Great.
Old May 16th 2014, 6:18 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Muheza - that would be about the size of it, yes - security checks.

We now have passport in hand... because the passport took so long to come, the visa in the original ETD has expired - the overstay is of such duration that my employers have (just) managed to wangle us getting away with a hefty fine, BUT we have to leave the country and return again immediately to validate the new visa in the passport at which point HE MAY NOT LEAVE AGAIN FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS without invalidating his visa/ before his visa can be converted to multi entry, effectively condemning us as a family to not being able to leave this country from December last year until the end of August. Had we received the passport within a reasonable time frame (i.e. before the visa expired on 4th March - a reasonable 7 week window) we wouldn't be in this situation.

My employers are furious as they have lost a lot of face with the immigration service over this, we have a close family wedding the last weekend in August that we will just about arrive in time for no doubt jetlagged to hell.

Great.
What country are you in again? Well finally you got it.. after 4 months? JESUS HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

Still though... you got it in the end but 4 months is just pushing it... what on earth are they so paranoid about.
Old May 18th 2014, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

What country are you in again? Well finally you got it.. after 4 months? JESUS HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

Still though... you got it in the end but 4 months is just pushing it... what on earth are they so paranoid about.
13 weeks today..yet no news. I had to cancel my bookings lastweek. Really hope i get it this week. I need to fly before end of month for a family wedding.I have been trying to call them everyday but their lines in durham are all busy. At times i wait upto 40 mins for them to answer the call , in the end give up. Dont know how to get intouch for an update now. So frustrating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.