Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

zuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Applied for my son's (2nd) UK passport beginning of March (from the US). I did it "online" and got a "login". Status says "Declaration Received" which has been the case for 5 weeks. Applied for his US passport at the same time got that in 3 weeks. UK processed 5M applications in 2013, US did 12M. Paid over $200 for his UK application, US cost me $140. Something is very wrong in Blighty!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:05 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

5 weeks? so you still haven't got his brit passport yer? 0_o
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

zuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vexcore
5 weeks? so you still haven't got his brit passport yer? 0_o
Nope, still waiting. The processing times back in March said 4-6 weeks... I'm not holding my breath...
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:26 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zuluswede
Nope, still waiting. The processing times back in March said 4-6 weeks... I'm not holding my breath...
Jesus... let me know if you get it in the end!!! i'll keep you posted about mine!
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Fazmattaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kenya
Thanks for your responses. Yesterday I spoke to someone in Durham who told me that all overseas passport applications are proceeding slowly due to teething problems associated with the centralization of all overseas applications in the UK. Apparently there are two stages to the application: firstly, review in the UK and secondly review in the region from which you apply. My application is still stuck on the first phase after 3 and a half months and apparently that is not abnormal. It looks likely to atleast another few weeks still.

I will update when I receive it, for the benefit of others in a similar situation.
I'm in a dilemma because my wife's uk visa expires on the end of April and I have applied for my daughters first uk passport. It has now been 5 weeks since Durham received the application. I am worried the visa will expire before the passport arrives!! What should I do? Can I get an extension on the visa?
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
Italy. I'm in Italy. We have to send them to Durham. It will be at least 12 wks before I get my passport.

You can only apply on line from here, too, but on the Declaration Form, which I made a copy of, there is a barcode with a number under it. I printed this off and sent it with the required docs. etc. to Durham. Probably why the call centre said your's should have one. Obviously, not all applications do and they don't know this. The calls centres can only see the same information I can see when I log in using the Username and Password I saved when completing the on line application. However, after loads of calls they put me through to a processing office who said that they were inundated with applications.

If anyone needs a direct number for Durham p.m. me and I'll pass on the number another member of BE gave me.
Hey mate. I'd really appreciate the direct number of Durham. I tried pming you but administrator wouldn't let me.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jesus... let me know if you get it in the end!!! i'll keep you posted about mine!
Absolutely! Good luck!
Old Apr 17th 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fazmattaz
Hey mate. I'd really appreciate the direct number of Durham. I tried pming you but administrator wouldn't let me.
It will let you after 3 posts I believe. Just reply to this one
Old Apr 17th 2014, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dashie
It will let you after 3 posts I believe. Just reply to this one
Thanks buddy!
Old Apr 18th 2014, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

I just had a noob born here in China. i am british by birth and mom is chinese. Decided to go the full British route for the baby as the kid will never technically be Chinese.
Anyways i want to send off for the little ones first passport but have to order a copy of my birth certificate to send off with the passport applicication.

I am wondering if it will speed up the passport process if i register the baby here in guangzhou and get a UK style birth certificate or if thats just a waste of time for the moment as i can do that anytime.
Seems mixed reactions here about if its quicker or makes any difference to the speed of the babys application if has UK style birth certificate. Also that means i would have to order another birth certificate and divorce paper if i get the birth certificate..... How much a pain this is.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 18th 2014, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

It seems that many people say that a UK consular birth certificate helps in the process.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:38 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by johno5175
I just had a noob born here in China. i am british by birth and mom is chinese. Decided to go the full British route for the baby as the kid will never technically be Chinese.
Anyways i want to send off for the little ones first passport but have to order a copy of my birth certificate to send off with the passport applicication.

I am wondering if it will speed up the passport process if i register the baby here in guangzhou and get a UK style birth certificate or if thats just a waste of time for the moment as i can do that anytime.
Seems mixed reactions here about if its quicker or makes any difference to the speed of the babys application if has UK style birth certificate. Also that means i would have to order another birth certificate and divorce paper if i get the birth certificate..... How much a pain this is.

Any suggestions?

Hi there, im also in china same boat as you and this is what ive done

(steps below in caps lol)

1: YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND THEM YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE (if he has a consular birth certificate
2: GO TO BEIJING REGISTER YOUR SON AT THE BRITISH EMBASSY (ITS WHAT I DID)
3: WAIT FOR HIS CONSULAR BIRTH CERTIFICATE - WHICH WILL MAKE HIM BRITISH AND CLAIM TO HIS CITIZENSHIP
4: PRINT OFF THE PASSPORT FORMS GET 2 PHOTOS ADD HIS CONSULAR BIRTH CERTIFACTE SEND TO LIVERPOOL VIA DHL EXPRESS
5: WAIT AND HOPE

I'm at stage 5 mate lol

Remember you don't need to use your birth certificate at all if you can register him at the British embassy. just send a photocopy of your passport page with the application.

Originally Posted by chaoclive
It seems that many people say that a UK consular birth certificate helps in the process.
It does, its a UK style birth certificate. it will speed up the process more quickly!
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Hi there, im also in china same boat as you and this is what ive done

(steps below in caps lol)

1: YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND THEM YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE (if he has a consular birth certificate
2: GO TO BEIJING REGISTER YOUR SON AT THE BRITISH EMBASSY (ITS WHAT I DID)
3: WAIT FOR HIS CONSULAR BIRTH CERTIFICATE - WHICH WILL MAKE HIM BRITISH AND CLAIM TO HIS CITIZENSHIP
4: PRINT OFF THE PASSPORT FORMS GET 2 PHOTOS ADD HIS CONSULAR BIRTH CERTIFACTE SEND TO LIVERPOOL VIA DHL EXPRESS
5: WAIT AND HOPE

I'm at stage 5 mate lol

Remember you don't need to use your birth certificate at all if you can register him at the British embassy. just send a photocopy of your passport page with the application.

It does, its a UK style birth certificate. it will speed up the process more quickly!
Cheers mate.... Thinking its probs better to then go to BJ or try first here in GZ but first have to get my birth certificate to register her. Shouldnt see why i need it if i have my passport. Also dont see why i should need my decree absoloute (divorce papers) as seems a right hassle to get those and a lot of cash so will try what you said.... Hopefully you will be on step 6 soon lol.

Last edited by johno5175; Apr 18th 2014 at 11:09 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

The need for your birth certificate is because it's the easiest way to show your own citizenship as being 'otherwise than by descent'. If you gained your British citizenship by descent, you would still have a passport, but you would be unable to pass it on to your children. That's my understanding anyway. Getting replacement UK birth certificates is usually fairly easy
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dashie
The need for your birth certificate is because it's the easiest way to show your own citizenship as being 'otherwise than by descent'. If you gained your British citizenship by descent, you would still have a passport, but you would be unable to pass it on to your children. That's my understanding anyway. Getting replacement UK birth certificates is usually fairly easy
How do you get a uk birth certificate while you are abroad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.