Decision made - supporting documents not returned

Old May 30th 2019, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

60minuteman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decision made - supporting documents not returned

My wife got an sms today saying her spouse visa was ready for collection, but the supporting documents have not been returned to me (TB certificate, English certificate, marriage certificates etc).. is this normal?
Old May 31st 2019, 2:34 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made - supporting documents not returned

Yes.
Old May 31st 2019, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

ABCeasyas123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 60minuteman , I think I remember that we both applied for priority settlement visas around the same time. Can I ask you a couple of questions relating to the collection of your supporting docs and visa?

Did you receive a "decision has been made" email from UKVI in Sheffield and if so, how long after that did the VFS contact you to pick up your visa? Also, did you specifically select to pick up your visa from the VFS office instead of having it returned by mail? I don't think we specified anything and I assumed we'd just get everything (visas and supporting docs) back in the return-shipment package for which we included a pre-paid envelope.

I received my "decision made" email on Monday (which I thought was odd because it was a holiday in both the UK and US where we live) and we haven't seen any our return-label tracking shows no activity since then. Wondering whether that's normal and whether we also need to be looking out for further communication from the VFS office.

Thanks in advance for your help and congratulations on getting approved!
Old May 31st 2019, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCeasyas123
Hi 60minuteman , I think I remember that we both applied for priority settlement visas around the same time. Can I ask you a couple of questions relating to the collection of your supporting docs and visa?

Did you receive a "decision has been made" email from UKVI in Sheffield and if so, how long after that did the VFS contact you to pick up your visa? Also, did you specifically select to pick up your visa from the VFS office instead of having it returned by mail? I don't think we specified anything and I assumed we'd just get everything (visas and supporting docs) back in the return-shipment package for which we included a pre-paid envelope.

I received my "decision made" email on Monday (which I thought was odd because it was a holiday in both the UK and US where we live) and we haven't seen any our return-label tracking shows no activity since then. Wondering whether that's normal and whether we also need to be looking out for further communication from the VFS office.

Thanks in advance for your help and congratulations on getting approved!
Hi ABC, we don't actually know the decision yet, it could still be a refusal.

We have had no emails only an SMS text to my girlfriend saying the decision was made and it is ready for collection. We paid for the courier service so expect her to receive it sometime next week. I have not had any supporting documents returned but would be expecting them soon.
Old May 31st 2019, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

ABCeasyas123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah sorry to jump the gun, I assumed that if the email said the visa was ready for collection then you'd have been approved! Sounds like good luck is in order instead!

Just in case anyone else is reading this and experiencing a similar situation, I will mention that literally an hour after I sent my initial reply to you, our visas and supporting documents arrived on my doorstep. It was delivered by UPS, not using the FedEx return envelope that we had supplied. In fact, the FedEx envelope was neatly folded and returned along with our docs

All's well that ends well though! Good luck to all.
Old May 31st 2019, 6:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 60minuteman
Hi ABC, we don't actually know the decision yet, it could still be a refusal.

We have had no emails only an SMS text to my girlfriend saying the decision was made and it is ready for collection. We paid for the courier service so expect her to receive it sometime next week. I have not had any supporting documents returned but would be expecting them soon.
Curious about why you sent a marriage certificate but are referring to a girlfriend. Was this from a former marriage?
Old May 31st 2019, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Curious about why you sent a marriage certificate but are referring to a girlfriend. Was this from a former marriage?
woops... no we are married now!
Old May 31st 2019, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCeasyas123
Ah sorry to jump the gun, I assumed that if the email said the visa was ready for collection then you'd have been approved! Sounds like good luck is in order instead!

Just in case anyone else is reading this and experiencing a similar situation, I will mention that literally an hour after I sent my initial reply to you, our visas and supporting documents arrived on my doorstep. It was delivered by UPS, not using the FedEx return envelope that we had supplied. In fact, the FedEx envelope was neatly folded and returned along with our docs

All's well that ends well though! Good luck to all.
chuffed for you mate.... horrible being kept apart. You can relax and enjoy life now, at least for a while