British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Decision Made No IHS asked for (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/decision-made-no-ihs-asked-911112/)

lifeislikeayoyo Mar 30th 2018 6:22 pm

Decision Made No IHS asked for

Greetings all,

Quick question: we asked for application status to UKVI and today received an email from UKVI contact centre and not Sheffield that "... decision has been made on your applications".

Problem is we have not been sent link for correct child IHS payment and also so far no refund for spouses IHS payment. We have been told before that a new link is sent before visa issued. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We are on post-biometrics day 49.

Can a decision be made then they ask for IHS payment, or is it before decision made? Considering we are only on day 49.

Thank you

Lucky07 Mar 31st 2018 5:25 am

Re: Decision Made No IHS asked for

Originally Posted by lifeislikeayoyo (Post 12473234)
Greetings all,

Quick question: we asked for application status to UKVI and today received an email from UKVI contact centre and not Sheffield that "... decision has been made on your applications".

Problem is we have not been sent link for correct child IHS payment and also so far no refund for spouses IHS payment. We have been told before that a new link is sent before visa issued. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We are on post-biometrics day 49.

Can a decision be made then they ask for IHS payment, or is it before decision made? Considering we are only on day 49.

Thank you

Hi Dear,
Having the same dilemma were exactly on the same situation😭on day 31 (priority applications) for my daughter (child settlement ihs not paid yet) and myself, I sent an email to international enquiry for any update, the email I received was decision was made that was early morning of 28th March, then same day I received sms and email from visa application centre the processed visa was with them and preparing for delivery (paid for courier service) I am expecting to received a link for child IHS payment from ukvi but it looks like decision was made without being asked to settle IHS😭 Just like you I am really worried that our application have negative outcome.

Lucky07 Mar 31st 2018 5:32 am

Still trying to be optismistic and hope that we have positive results, what made this situation worst, (28 March holy wed. regular working day) but 29&30 March maundy thursday and good friday holiday, then sat/sun no delivery, hoping by monday 2nd April we will have our passports delivered.

Best of luck to all of us.....

mikelincs Mar 31st 2018 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Lucky07 (Post 12473436)
Still trying to be optismistic and hope that we have positive results, what made this situation worst, (28 March holy wed. regular working day) but 29&30 March maundy thursday and good friday holiday, then sat/sun no delivery, hoping by monday 2nd April we will have our passports delivered.

Best of luck to all of us.....

Monday is another bank holiday in the UK. Are you a British Citizen other than by descent, if so is the child your child? if so he/she will already be a British Citizen and will NOT need to pay the health surcharge.

Lucky07 Mar 31st 2018 7:22 am

Hi Mikelincs,
thank you for replying, I am a Filipina my husband is british, but my daughter local (made in the philippines) that's why I am really worried after I received the email decision has been made without paying the IHS (looks like a refusal😭)

2nd April monday not holiday here in manila, hope passports be delivered for us to know the outcome, (fingers crossed) for me to be able to share to others our experienced (though every applications not the same).

londoner007 Mar 31st 2018 9:39 am

The main question is are people asked for IHS payment before or after a decision is made. I wish I knew the answer that question, am sure others have an answer. It's a shame those who went through these processes havent left their experience in the past which would have answered the question.

mikelincs Mar 31st 2018 9:55 am

Originally Posted by londoner007 (Post 12473486)
The main question is are people asked for IHS payment before or after a decision is made. I wish I knew the answer that question, am sure others have an answer. It's a shame those who went through these processes havent left their experience in the past which would have answered the question.

You might just find the answer in this thread which has been going for a long time..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...99315/page213/

lifeislikeayoyo Mar 31st 2018 11:19 am

Thank you mikelincs. I have been reading 100s posts but none that answers if decision are usually made first and then asked for IHS.

From my reading I have gathered that they usually ask for IHS "just before" visa issued... now is just before is it time of printing visa, or is it time of making a decision.... hmmmmm

Lucky07 Mar 31st 2018 11:56 am

Originally Posted by lifeislikeayoyo (Post 12473510)
Thank you mikelincs. I have been reading 100s posts but none that answers if decision are usually made first and then asked for IHS.

From my reading I have gathered that they usually ask for IHS "just before" visa issued... now is just before is it time of printing visa, or is it time of making a decision.... hmmmmm

Hi, thats what I have been doing, reading posts from different forums just to get an answer regarding child IHS payment, feel restless and not been sleeping well while waiting for our passports.

Fingers crossed everything will be alright for us.

londoner007 Mar 31st 2018 12:21 pm

It's not knowing what exactly happens when visas are being processed that causes a lot of anxiety. There is no clear transparent writing of procedures - i.e what exactly goes on from sending in your application online to it being approved. I hope everyone waiting get a approval, especially those with children.

Lucky07 Apr 2nd 2018 8:05 am

Hi everyone,
I already received our passports and with a brokenheart,I want all of you to know that our applications was refused.
No wonder I never received any IHS payment link for my daughter.

Goodluck to all of you, hope and pray you guys have a positive outcome.

Uxbridge219 Apr 2nd 2018 10:02 am

They must have given you a statement why visas get refused.
Do you mind sharing the reason why visa get rejected?

lifeislikeayoyo Apr 2nd 2018 10:34 am

:0'(

So sad to hear. I hope you find ease.

Invisible Apr 2nd 2018 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Lucky07 (Post 12474251)
Hi everyone,
I already received our passports and with a brokenheart,I want all of you to know that our applications was refused.

Hi Lucky07, sorry to hear that is was not a positive outcome but can you make an appeal against the decision? Some people on this forum may be able to help you with the process or even what to do differently if you make another application.

Don't give up just yet!

spouse of scouse Apr 2nd 2018 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Lucky07 (Post 12474251)
Hi everyone,

Very sorry to hear this. Best of luck for the future.