Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

"Decision made" email received 18 working days after priority app in the USA...

"Decision made" email received 18 working days after priority app in the USA...

Old Mar 6th 2019, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation "Decision made" email received 18 working days after priority app in the USA...

Just received our "decision made" email (sans attachment, which is apparently a good sign) about 3/4 of an hour ago. Here's our timeline and some more details about our application in case anyone is interested:

Applied online on Feb 3rd after agonizing over the details for weeks (...!)
Uploaded scanned versions of the docs via the VFS Global site on Feb 6th; also paid priority fee.
Biometrics completed on Feb 8th; then went straight to the UPS store to send docs off to NY (sent all docs to NY as well as scanning, just to be sure).
Docs received at the NY scanning hub on 12th Feb.
"Application currently being prepared for entry consideration" email received on 14th Feb.
"Decision has been made" email received on 6th March.

Now we're waiting for the documents and passport to be returned via UPS. No movement on the tracking number yet, but I suppose it won't be long. Hubby remarked about the lack of positive or negative clues in the "cryptic" email—they certainly like to keep people on tenterhooks! I wonder why they do that? Anyway, we'll wait like everyone else, fingers crossed until we see that vignette. Our case is pretty straightforward, so we don't think we have any real reason to worry about a refusal.

In summary, we went the savings route, we already have a house in Scotland to go to and we've been together for five years with three little ones. No prior visa refusals, no skeletons in closets and no sketchy travel history.

Here are the docs we submitted (some of these were to cover ourselves in case of questions, so they may not be necessary for everyone):

Financial Evidence:

Six months of bank statements, stamped on each page by the bank
A cover letter from the bank with details of the account and current balance, and an invitation to call the branch manager if they had any questions
One additional bank statement from last April with details of the receipt of property sale income
ALTA settlement statements from property sales, just in case they wondered where our savings came from

Permanent Accommodation Evidence:

UK house offer letter
UK house qualified acceptance
UK house floor plan
UK house home report
UK house photographs
UK house Land Register title sheet

Proof of Relationship:

Hubby relationship narrative
Our marriage certificate
Our 2017 1040 tax form
Our car insurance doc
Two flight itineraries for our family
Hubby birth certificate
Copy of hubby's driver's license
All kids' birth certificates
Copies of all kids' UK passport bio pages
48 (yes, 48..!) letter-sized pages of family photos going back to early 2014

Sponsor Evidence:

My relationship narrative
Copy of my UK passport bio page
Copy of my driver's license (also to show shared residence)
My birth certificate
My previous divorce decree

Additional Documents:

Hubby's most recent expired passport (only included one because they just wanted passports from the last ten years)
Biometrics letter
Visa application printout
Hubby's previous divorce decree
Application payment receipt
IHS payment receipt
IHS reference number sheet
Appendix 2
Docs to offer evidence of hubby's work as an artist, in case they wondered about that on the app

That's about it! Hopefully our anecdotal experience helps others in one way or another. Now we wait with bated breath and hope we've been thorough enough. Will keep you all posted as soon as we know what the decision officially is!
Old Mar 7th 2019, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Decision made" email received 18 working days after priority app in the USA

Congratulations, hope it's a yes! To be honest, I was a little jealous when I saw your post this morning but I shortly received a notice to collect my passport and in it was the visa! Gosh the wait is finally over.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: "Decision made" email received 18 working days after priority app in the USA

Originally Posted by Bingbing25 View Post
Congratulations, hope it's a yes! To be honest, I was a little jealous when I saw your post this morning but I shortly received a notice to collect my passport and in it was the visa! Gosh the wait is finally over.
That’s fantastic! Very happy for you! 😊
Old Mar 7th 2019, 7:09 am
Just Joined

PrairiePainter is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Bingbing!
Knowing that some folks have waited so long, I feel a little sheepish about our fast response. Now we await the mail and hope it ‘is’ good news!
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PrairiePainter View Post

Thank you Bingbing!
Knowing that some folks have waited so long, I feel a little sheepish about our fast response. Now we await the mail and hope it ‘is’ good news!
Don't be! I'm still trying to work out why sometimes there's a huge delay for some people. But around 20 days seems like the standard for priority apps at the moment. My visa letter is dated 4 March, which would make it 23 days for me.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PrairieWriter View Post

That’s fantastic! Very happy for you! 😊
Thank you!
Old Mar 7th 2019, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

Congrats!

Thank you for providing a list of the documentation, we have a very similar situation and will be applying in July.

Savings, 4 little ones, no skeletons in the closet
Old Mar 7th 2019, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PrairieWriter View Post
Just received our "decision made" email (sans attachment, which is apparently a good sign) about 3/4 of an hour ago. Here's our timeline and some more details about our application in case anyone is interested:

Applied online on Feb 3rd after agonizing over the details for weeks (...!)
Uploaded scanned versions of the docs via the VFS Global site on Feb 6th; also paid priority fee.
Biometrics completed on Feb 8th; then went straight to the UPS store to send docs off to NY (sent all docs to NY as well as scanning, just to be sure).
Docs received at the NY scanning hub on 12th Feb.
"Application currently being prepared for entry consideration" email received on 14th Feb.
"Decision has been made" email received on 6th March.

Now we're waiting for the documents and passport to be returned via UPS. No movement on the tracking number yet, but I suppose it won't be long. Hubby remarked about the lack of positive or negative clues in the "cryptic" email—they certainly like to keep people on tenterhooks! I wonder why they do that? Anyway, we'll wait like everyone else, fingers crossed until we see that vignette. Our case is pretty straightforward, so we don't think we have any real reason to worry about a refusal.

In summary, we went the savings route, we already have a house in Scotland to go to and we've been together for five years with three little ones. No prior visa refusals, no skeletons in closets and no sketchy travel history.

Here are the docs we submitted (some of these were to cover ourselves in case of questions, so they may not be necessary for everyone):

Financial Evidence:

Six months of bank statements, stamped on each page by the bank
A cover letter from the bank with details of the account and current balance, and an invitation to call the branch manager if they had any questions
One additional bank statement from last April with details of the receipt of property sale income
ALTA settlement statements from property sales, just in case they wondered where our savings came from

Permanent Accommodation Evidence:

UK house offer letter
UK house qualified acceptance
UK house floor plan
UK house home report
UK house photographs
UK house Land Register title sheet

Proof of Relationship:

Hubby relationship narrative
Our marriage certificate
Our 2017 1040 tax form
Our car insurance doc
Two flight itineraries for our family
Hubby birth certificate
Copy of hubby's driver's license
All kids' birth certificates
Copies of all kids' UK passport bio pages
48 (yes, 48..!) letter-sized pages of family photos going back to early 2014

Sponsor Evidence:

My relationship narrative
Copy of my UK passport bio page
Copy of my driver's license (also to show shared residence)
My birth certificate
My previous divorce decree

Additional Documents:

Hubby's most recent expired passport (only included one because they just wanted passports from the last ten years)
Biometrics letter
Visa application printout
Hubby's previous divorce decree
Application payment receipt
IHS payment receipt
IHS reference number sheet
Appendix 2
Docs to offer evidence of hubby's work as an artist, in case they wondered about that on the app

That's about it! Hopefully our anecdotal experience helps others in one way or another. Now we wait with bated breath and hope we've been thorough enough. Will keep you all posted as soon as we know what the decision officially is!
Fantastic news !!!
Old Mar 7th 2019, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations !! Lots of people getting the best news this week ..
Old Mar 7th 2019, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

PrairieWriter and PrairiePainter - congratulations! I’ve been thinking of you and your family and wondering how things are going. That is a huge list of documentation - well done to both of you and best wishes.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Caroline!
Dear wife worked so tirelessly on the whole project—I’m so honored and proud of her.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Just received the package via UPS. Nice little vignette pasted into hubby's passport! It's an official "yes," with travel dates between 13th June and 13th July. Thank you all so very much for helping us through this process: we're certainly indebted to the knowledgeable members of this forum. Cheers!
Old Mar 9th 2019, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Quiet the auspicious evening here. We nervously awaited the UPS driver. Then we opened the package that had our good news! Some minutes later the driver knocked on our door again, apologizing profusely for getting stuck in the turn around area on our yard. I put a chain on our SUV and pulled him out. Now we can celebrate and plan our departure flight!
Old Mar 9th 2019, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and Celebrations!!