British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Decision made……. No email (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/decision-made%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6-no-email-944636/)

Glendarino Jul 5th 2022 4:33 pm

Decision made……. No email

So after speaking with my MP today he was told a decision had been made on the 26tj June but we have had no emails regarding this! Yes we have checked spam etc like we do daily! Anyone know who to contact from here on in for more info. Emails or numbers or links would be great. She applied in Ottawa but trying to contact them is like breaking into Fort Knox

AFox17 Jul 7th 2022 7:54 am

Re: Decision made……. No email

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13127010)
So after speaking with my MP today he was told a decision had been made on the 26tj June but we have had no emails regarding this! Yes we have checked spam etc like we do daily! Anyone know who to contact from here on in for more info. Emails or numbers or links would be great. She applied in Ottawa but trying to contact them is like breaking into Fort Knox

Hi, the HO posted updates on UTube saying that you won't necessarily receive an email. can't you track your application yourself?

Glendarino Jul 7th 2022 8:16 am

Oh I hadn’t heard that? No way ourselves unfortunately. And because it’s past 120 days the UPS tracking is no longer valid that we were given

AFox17 Jul 7th 2022 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13127411)
Oh I hadn’t heard that? No way ourselves unfortunately. And because it’s past 120 days the UPS tracking is no longer valid that we were given

Which country is that? Is that Canada?
Just in case: normally one can always track their application in real time

Glendarino Jul 7th 2022 8:41 am

Canada to come to the UK. I’ve been looking as I see some countries can but found nothing for Canada coming to UK

AMANN90 Nov 14th 2022 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13127430)
Canada to come to the UK. I’ve been looking as I see some countries can but found nothing for Canada coming to UK

when did you recieve the passport back

wr also applied in the Ottawa office and it’s been a total nightmare !! They vfs did not ask for our passport back in March when it was approved … so the visa expired ….. and now thr passport has been sitting in their office since July 2022

Glendarino Nov 14th 2022 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by AMANN90 (Post 13154610)
when did you recieve the passport back

wr also applied in the Ottawa office and it’s been a total nightmare !! They vfs did not ask for our passport back in March when it was approved … so the visa expired ….. and now thr passport has been sitting in their office since July 2022

we paid for our passport to be returned upon decision, so we never knew what the decision was until everything came back. Once the tracking number became live again it was quite quick to be returned but the whole process took over 26 weeks.

AMANN90 Nov 14th 2022 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Glendarino (Post 13154629)
we paid for our passport to be returned upon decision, so we never knew what the decision was until everything came back. Once the tracking number became live again it was quite quick to be returned but the whole process took over 26 weeks.

we also paid for our passport to be returned ….. really left without answers. And not sure who to speak too

Glendarino Nov 15th 2022 11:00 am

Originally Posted by AMANN90 (Post 13154670)
we also paid for our passport to be returned ….. really left without answers. And not sure who to speak too

did your tracking not become active? You would need to contact ukvi id have thought. I know it’s paid for service which is annoying but surely they will have info?