Current Residence

Old Apr 17th 2024, 4:47 am
Just Joined

OldEastEnder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current Residence

I am British, my wife is a US citizen and we married in 2004. In a couple of months we will be applying for her spouse visa using the cash savings route from the sale of our main residence. We are living in the USA.

Our assets have always been in joint names, but the short-term lease agreement on the house we recently began renting is in her name only. I had to return to the UK to tend to an important family matter at the time she signed the agreement and moved in. Normally, we would have done this together.

For the purpose of the visa application, should I be concerned that my name is not on the lease agreement? Could it raise suspicion that we are no longer living together, even though we are?
Old Apr 17th 2024, 8:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Residence

If everything else is in joint names and you have evidence other than the tenancy agreement that you are living together at that address then I don’t think it’s a cause for concern. You can always include a covering note to provide an explanation.
Old Apr 17th 2024, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Residence

When my wife applied for her spouse visa in 2016, we had nothing whatsoever in joint names and there was no problem. We did of course provide supporting evidence of marriage etc.