Crossing my "i's" and dotting my "t's"...

Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crossing my "i's" and dotting my "t's"...

I have all of my documents together for submitting my visa application. Since I have found there is a priority service, we'll likely go with that as our flight is currently booked for Dec. 26.

I have looked at all the documents required but wanted to confirm that I don't need a copy of my husband's UK birth certificate submitted with my application?

They do list it as a document that can be submitted along with other documents. I was planning to submit his UK passport showing he was born in Reading. His birth certificate is currently at the UK passport office for the processing of our children's UK passports and he only has one copy.

I do have a scanned copy of his birth certificate that I can submit although I know they want originals of everything.

Sorry, I was just looking for confirmation. I'm totally paranoid about assuming anything or making a mistake.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing my "i's" and dotting my "t's"...

Not trying to be a party pooper, but don't you think it would be best to get the visa secured before booking flights? Trust me I'd be anxious to do the same, but I *think* I've read that you shouldn't book flights until the visa is received.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Not trying to be a party pooper, but don't you think it would be best to get the visa secured before booking flights? Trust me I'd be anxious to do the same, but I *think* I've read that you shouldn't book flights until the visa is received.
I know you shouldn't but we got the last 4 business class seats available for a month. The flights are fully cancellable for $40 a seat, so we decided to book them to reserve them. We're applying on cash savings and we have way in the excess required savings so I'm not expecting an issue. Everything else is luckily pretty straightforward. We're also on a timeline as I'll be 7 months pregnant when we go and don't want to travel much later.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDNtoUK
I know you shouldn't but we got the last 4 business class seats available for a month. The flights are fully cancellable for $40 a seat, so we decided to book them to reserve them. We're applying on cash savings and we have way in the excess required savings so I'm not expecting an issue. Everything else is luckily pretty straightforward. We're also on a timeline as I'll be 7 months pregnant when we go and don't want to travel much later.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! All the best
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

So my question remains, can anyone confirm applying without their spouses' original UK birth certificate? I guess I'm just a little surprised that it doesn't seem mandatory, hence my questions. I know the biodata page indicated his birthplace in the UK and just wanted to make sure it is okay.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:08 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

If it does not say you need a birth certificate then no need to submit one. The passport will show all that is needed.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Is this for a spousal visa? From memory his British passport is required but not his birth certificate.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. It just seemed slightly odd that I didn't need to include his birth certificate with the application since they need it for the passports for the kids. Appreciate all the help here. I've really learned so much that is making this process easier!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. It just seemed slightly odd that I didn't need to include his birth certificate with the application since they need it for the passports for the kids. Appreciate all the help here. I've really learned so much that is making this process easier!
They need it for the passport in order to prove his place of birth - the child's citizenship is based upon your husband being British other than by descent (the usual way to get this is to be born in the UK to British parents). Your kids are British by descent if bron abroad, so they cannot pass on citizenship if their Kids are bron outside the UK without fulfilling additional requirements. (And this information isn't logged in a passport or on any other ID document)
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
They need it for the passport in order to prove his place of birth - the child's citizenship is based upon your husband being British other than by descent (the usual way to get this is to be born in the UK to British parents). Your kids are British by descent if bron abroad, so they cannot pass on citizenship if their Kids are bron outside the UK without fulfilling additional requirements. (And this information isn't logged in a passport or on any other ID document)
Indeed. His passport will indicate that he is British, which is all that is required for a spousal visa, whereas his birth certificate would indicate how he is British, which is necessary to know when determining whether his British citizenship can be passed on to his children.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Indeed. His passport will indicate that he is British, which is all that is required for a spousal visa, whereas his birth certificate would indicate how he is British, which is necessary to know when determining whether his British citizenship can be passed on to his children.
Thanks all! I was almost certain I was okay with just the passport but putting together all of this paperwork has me a little paranoid about omitting something.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

we've just got my husband's visa. I'm the UK spouse and we just included a copy of my passport page no birth certificate.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs Martin
we've just got my husband's visa. I'm the UK spouse and we just included a copy of my passport page no birth certificate.
Thanks Mrs Martin and congrats on the visa!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Another question I thought I'd group under here. We're applying with cash savings. According to the wiki (quoted below), the bank statements need to be stamped AND signed if we've printed out the statements ourselves.

According to the specified evidence page (URL below), it doesn't indicate that the pages must be stamped AND signed, just stamped.

Considering the statements we have are over 250 pages, I just got each page stamped. Any thoughts???

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

Here is info from the wiki.
Evidence
You must provide ALL of the following evidence:
Monthly bank statements for at least 6 months (Note: historically UKBA have often required bank statements to be stamped and signed by an official at the bank. They sometimes accept original paper statements on bank letterhead but never accept online statements which you have printed yourself without having these stamped and signed)
A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Another question I thought I'd group under here. We're applying with cash savings. According to the wiki (quoted below), the bank statements need to be stamped AND signed if we've printed out the statements ourselves.

According to the specified evidence page (URL below), it doesn't indicate that the pages must be stamped AND signed, just stamped.

Considering the statements we have are over 250 pages, I just got each page stamped. Any thoughts???

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

Here is info from the wiki.
Evidence
You must provide ALL of the following evidence:
Monthly bank statements for at least 6 months (Note: historically UKBA have often required bank statements to be stamped and signed by an official at the bank. They sometimes accept original paper statements on bank letterhead but never accept online statements which you have printed yourself without having these stamped and signed)
A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings
Trust the rules. Change the wiki. (I wrote it - it could be a mistake on my part as from my experince I have always had to stamp and sign under old rules or it could be that the rules did used to require both and have changed since I wrote the wiki)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.