Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

Old May 12th 2013, 1:46 am
Just Joined

VictoriaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

I have filled out the application and my heart stopped when I saw the price of my son's application. . .$3157 (including the $12 postage). Is this correct? Does anyone know the price of a the Child or other dependent of a settled person visa?
Old May 12th 2013, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

Isn't it 851 GBP as per this page in the UKBA?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/fees/
Old May 12th 2013, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

That is what I thought however when I was finished with the application for some inexpiable reason it said that it cost $3157 :/
Old May 12th 2013, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

You are doing two applications aren't you?

You and your son? mmmmm but still would not come to 3157 dollars.
Old May 12th 2013, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

I already did my application and it is all done and paid for. We just learned which we had to fill out for my son which is the child or other dependent of settled person in the UK. I went through all the correct steps and at the end that was the price. I am thinking that maybe its an error on their end - not sure if I should open up another application for my son . . . ?
Old May 12th 2013, 3:31 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...I did the math at today's conversion rate and got the cost of the two visas together as $2, 614.28. Your total is $500+ too much. Very strange....
Old May 12th 2013, 9:12 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Just a thought did you pay any extra fee for a speedy assessment and also ticked dependent relative settlement in error the title of your post would suggest you may have applied incorrectly?

Last edited by pennylessinindia; May 12th 2013 at 9:16 pm.
Old May 12th 2013, 9:24 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Just a thought did you pay any extra fee for a speedy assessment and also ticked dependent relative settlement in error the title of your post would suggest you may have applied incorrectly?
Yes, this could explain the additional $500 charged. Usually this would be detailed on the receipt, though, which should make its purchase clear. Did you get a receipt at the end of your transaction, Victoria?

If you did purchase Priority Service, don't forget to include the receipt that shows this is your package of documents, and also MARK the words "Priority Service" prominently on the outside of the outermost envelope.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...?langname=null
Old May 13th 2013, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Cost of UK Settlement Visa for Child or Other dependent of settled person

Honestly - we are not sure what the problem was. . . my husband ended up filling out the application in the UK with me on the phone and when he did it it was the correct amount. Not sure if it was a gliche on the page or my human error.

Thank you everyone for your words and advise - in the end you were all correct in that the price should be identical to what my visa was.

Thanks and cheers!
Old May 13th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

The fee for
Parent, grandparent or other dependant relative of a settled person
is $3145 + $12 = $3157

So, not the application you were after, this is for the elderly dependent relative.
I'm glad you got it sorted out though.
Good luck with the application.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:27 pm
Under blue skies

Originally Posted by VictoriaR
Honestly - we are not sure what the problem was. . . my husband ended up filling out the application in the UK with me on the phone and when he did it it was the correct amount.
Good to hear! Good luck with it!