consular birth registration

Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

ukerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Question consular birth registration

hi
Not sure im in the correct place on here!
Im doing the paperwork for the Consular Birth Registration for my grand daughter who was born in USA (Mother American, Father is my British Son). Im stuck on the employment question and cant seem to get in touch with anyone for help. Do the parents just describe their jobs (title) or put "who" they work for too??
Thanks to anyone who can help
Erica
Old Jan 28th 2019, 6:18 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: consular birth registration

Originally Posted by ukerica
hi
Not sure im in the correct place on here!
Im doing the paperwork for the Consular Birth Registration for my grand daughter who was born in USA (Mother American, Father is my British Son). Im stuck on the employment question and cant seem to get in touch with anyone for help. Do the parents just describe their jobs (title) or put "who" they work for too??
Thanks to anyone who can help
Erica
Mine have job titles on them, “Director” for me, “Marketing Manager” for my wife, so no employer, keep in mind this is then printed on the certificate.

Also remember that the claim to citizenship is a little more complicated than 1 parent being British, if I recall it’s needs to be “otherwise than by decent”. Assuming your British, and your son was born in the UK and moved to the US later in life he likely qualifies to pass on his British Citizenship.

Last edited by tht; Jan 28th 2019 at 6:24 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Jan 29th 2019, 10:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If they are private citizens then just their job titles or occupation will suffice (including “homemaker” or a similar synonym). If either are working for a government agency or international organisation that could affect your grandchild’s entitlement to British citizenship then that information should be included too, with a supporting letter from the organisation concerned.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Forms sent. Fingers crossed
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

hello again
doing another consular birth certificate (I have 5 grandchildren in the USA). Sounds silly question but i dont remember sending my sons UK birth certificate when i applied last time? Do I have to send this?....Ive not got it here in UK with me!
Do you know a contact email or telephone number for the relevant Gov dept?
thank you
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

hello again
doing another consular birth certificate (I have 5 grandchildren in the USA). Sounds silly question but i dont remember sending my sons UK birth certificate when i applied last time? Do I have to send this?....Ive not got it here in UK with me!
Do you know a contact email or telephone number for the relevant Gov dept?
thank you
Yes, you’ll need to send your son’s full British birth certificate. If he was born in England or Wales then you can order a copy from the General Register Office for £11.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. I failed miserably when i was over with him......also need their marriage certificate!!
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:25 pm

Thank you. I failed miserably when i was over with him......also need their marriage certificate!!
Also available from the GRO unless they married in the US.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

sorry but do you think i can safely send 2 applications together? or will that confuse them?
Old Oct 29th 2019, 7:13 pm

sorry but do you think i can safely send 2 applications together? or will that confuse them?
That’s fine; just clearly label the pack to show it contains two different applications.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That’s fine; just clearly label the pack to show it contains two different applications.
thank you. You are so knowledgeable! Grandchildren eh? Costing me a fortune and will probably never even come to England 😥
thank you again
Old Oct 30th 2019, 5:23 am
Just Joined

msk2uon is an unknown quantity at this point

Doing the same consular birth registration and one of the documentation requirements stated online has me stumped! Can anyone advise on what this requirement actually means:

"hospital, medical or insurance records naming the parents as the birth parents (if the birth was registered more than three months after it took place)".

I'd have thought that as the US long-form birth certificate already contains the birth parent's information that would be good enough? Does anyone know why they are asking for this only if you're applying 3 months after the birth too?
Thanks!
Old Oct 30th 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by msk2uon
Doing the same consular birth registration and one of the documentation requirements stated online has me stumped! Can anyone advise on what this requirement actually means:

"hospital, medical or insurance records naming the parents as the birth parents (if the birth was registered more than three months after it took place)".

I'd have thought that as the US long-form birth certificate already contains the birth parent's information that would be good enough? Does anyone know why they are asking for this only if you're applying 3 months after the birth too?
Thanks!
Because adoptive parents appear on US birth certificates as if they were the birth parents.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

msk2uon is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah! I'd not thought of that. However, in this instance, I think I'd misunderstood the requirement. I'd thought it meant that if you're submitting the consular registration after 3 months from birth you needed additional paperwork to prove parenthood. However, this is referring to the actual first registration of birth in the US. Can someone who's submitted after 3 months confirm that is indeed the case ? That is, no further documentation other than long form Birth certificate is needed as long as it was issues within 3 months of birth in the USA ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.