Wikiposts

considering surrinder singh route too

Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

newpin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default considering surrinder singh route too

Hi everyone
I am living in Japan and got married last year. My husband (Japanese) and I would like to move back to The UK but it's going to be tough to find a job that will satisfy the with the 18000 pound annual salary.
We are considering the Surrinder Singh route , as others have and thinking about going to France first. Just wanted to share my story, as have been feeling trapped,panicky and depressed and wondering if I'll ever be able to go home again
not really any questions here, just wanted to share my story.
best wishes to all in the same boat,
newpin
Old Sep 10th 2013, 1:33 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: considering surrinder singh route too

Originally Posted by newpin
Hi everyone
I am living in Japan and got married last year. My husband (Japanese) and I would like to move back to The UK but it's going to be tough to find a job that will satisfy the with the 18000 pound annual salary.
We are considering the Surrinder Singh route , as others have and thinking about going to France first. Just wanted to share my story, as have been feeling trapped,panicky and depressed and wondering if I'll ever be able to go home again
not really any questions here, just wanted to share my story.
best wishes to all in the same boat,
newpin
Hi newpin and welcome to BE You'll find lots of info on the SS route here, if you haven't already, have a look at Angela's story. I know it's easy to say but try not to panic, SS is really just making sure you meet the requirements. Have a read of some threads on here and you can ask about anything that's not clear. When are you planning on moving to France?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks! Yes, there's a lot of support and information here, it's great.
Ideally , we would like to move asap, but realistically, it's probably going to be within a year, as we need to sell our business, get organised and figure out a plan for the future.
France or Ireland, are our first choices, but it seems such a lot of upheaval!
We also thought about me going back to The UK first and looking for work,getting settled and then if and when I secure a job that pays the required salary, he could make his application. In the meantime, he could come over as a visitor. But, that is risky too. What if I can't find a job that pays enough? What if the Immigration get suspicious of him coming over to see me, back and forth? So many things to sort out here, but I am grateful for this space to express my thoughts and ask for advice
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Hi newpin, welcome.

Providing you fall into the criteria for SS then there isn't a problem.

Essentially, be married, or durable relationship, of opposite sexes.
Both of you live in any member state, but not your own.
Both of you rent a cheap basic property for 3 months.
Both of you register your being there with the local authorities (most member states require you to register your residence)
With the residence document, from the local authorities open a joint bank account.
The EU national (your husband) work in that member state for 3 months,
He gets payslips for 3 months
He pays tax in that member state, get evidence.

I think that's pretty well all there is to it, but if I have missed some thing, I am sure some one will chime in.

Vette
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

Vette,

We found out from Europa yesterday that durable partners don't qualify for the Surinder Singh route as they qualify under regulation 8 (extended family) who don't have an automatic right for residency.

This is really, really sad for so many couples. It is suspected that durable couples would win on appeal but it is a risk.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Hi AngelaV,

That's sad to here that.

Vette
Old Sep 18th 2013, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Vette for those basic guidelines.
I didn't know you have to rent a property. I was considering "living" at the youth hostel for a few months
Old Sep 24th 2013, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

robynxo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AngelaV
Vette,

We found out from Europa yesterday that durable partners don't qualify for the Surinder Singh route as they qualify under regulation 8 (extended family) who don't have an automatic right for residency.

This is really, really sad for so many couples. It is suspected that durable couples would win on appeal but it is a risk.
Hi Angela

Is this a new rule?

Thanks,
Robyn
Old Sep 24th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

Hi Robyn,

It's not a new rule but it seems that the UKBA is looking at the ss rules on a literal basis. A durable partner can be admitted but it is not an automatic right. Durable partners are classed as extended family like siblings, cousins etc. (regulation 8).

It is said that it is certainly possible and seemingly some couples have been successful but it does carry more of a risk than being married.

Ireland looks upon a durable relationship in the same light as a married couple.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Robyn,

It's not a new rule but it seems that the UKBA is looking at the ss rules on a literal basis. A durable partner can be admitted but it is not an automatic right. Durable partners are classed as extended family like siblings, cousins etc. (regulation 8).

It is said that it is certainly possible and seemingly some couples have been successful but it does carry more of a risk than being married.

Ireland looks upon a durable relationship in the same light as a married couple.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:33 am
Just Joined

robynxo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AngelaV
Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the info, it will be something for me to think about carefully. We won't be doing the SS for another year and a half or so, but I'm considering getting the fiance visa for the UK so we can get married and then do the SS route. We were going to visit the UK for a month or so before doing the SS anyway. Just didn't really want to get married until we were finally settled somewhere