Consent for verification checks: FLR (M) / Category D

Old Sep 12th 2020, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

smashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Consent for verification checks: FLR (M) / Category D

Thanks for all the help people have shared as I grapple with the ambiguities of the FLR (M) online form.

I'm stuck on one final part of the form, and have found a range of advice online on which parts need filling out, but I'm not 100% on which boxes need ticking.

We're applying with cash savings/category D, with savings held entirely in my spouse (the applicant)'s name. However, beyond that I'm the sole earner and pay our rent etc.

For the 'Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts for third party support' there are two questions:

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
As we're submitting joint bank statements for evidence of cohabitation, and the source of funds for the savings account relied on was the same joint account, I'm assuming that's a 'yes', and that we need to fill in parts 1 and 2 of the form, but not part 3? We do have both of our names on the council tax bill, too.

The second question I'm less sure about:

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
As mentioned, the financial requirement is being met entirely by a savings account held in the applicant (my wife's) name, so I *think* that's a 'no', unless you count the fact that I pay rent, or that the source fo the funds were from our joint account. Should this one be a 'yes' instead, with the same parts 1 and 2 of the form (or maybe part 3, too)?

The declaration form generated by the two questions seems to be the same PDF, linked here.

Sorry for what's doubtless an obvious question. I'm hoping it will be the last after combing through this for a week!
Old Sep 12th 2020, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consent for verification checks: FLR (M) / Category D

The answer to the second question is "no". Just checked my wife's application to be sure!
Old Sep 12th 2020, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

smashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond reputesmashcut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consent for verification checks: FLR (M) / Category D

DernierVirage thank you so much for taking the time to wade through my question, check that and reply! I think I’m finally done with things to fret about on this form!

Have a great weekend, and thanks again!