British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   'Consent for the Home Office' form query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/consent-home-office-form-query-946600/)

whysoconfused Jan 3rd 2023 3:05 pm

'Consent for the Home Office' form query

Hi all,

I can't believe it's been 2 and a half years since my wife's initial FLR(M) application was approved but here we are! We're working through the forms and everything seems fairly straightforward except for one thing, the Consent for the Home Office forms.

I am the husband (British Citizen) and my wife is Mexican, 2.5 years into the 5 year FLR(M) route. My understanding is as follows:

PART 1 should be signed and completed by my wife (The Applicant)
PART 2 should be signed and completed by me (All bills etc. are in my name)
PART 3 should be signed and completed by me (We're using my salary for the application only)

Is this correct, or should we only be completing one of PART 2 or PART 3?

Thank you in advance as always!

DernierVirage Jan 3rd 2023 4:27 pm

Re: 'Consent for the Home Office' form query

Just checked my wife's FLR(M) application, made back in 2018 but I am sure the forms are the same. We used my salary to meet the financial requirements, as you will do.

We submitted Part 1 signed by her, Part 2 signed by me, and Part 3 left unsigned and marked n/a. I believe that Part 3 refers to third parties who are directly providing financial support, which was not the case for us, and it not the case for you either.

whysoconfused Mar 21st 2023 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage (Post 13163166)
Just checked my wife's FLR(M) application, made back in 2018 but I am sure the forms are the same. We used my salary to meet the financial requirements, as you will do.

We submitted Part 1 signed by her, Part 2 signed by me, and Part 3 left unsigned and marked n/a. I believe that Part 3 refers to third parties who are directly providing financial support, which was not the case for us, and it not the case for you either.

Sorry for the late response, but thank you for letting me know. This is what we did and it worked fine for us... though we think that our 100+ documents of evidence per submission bores them into accepting us!

DernierVirage Mar 22nd 2023 9:46 am

Originally Posted by whysoconfused (Post 13181258)
Sorry for the late response, but thank you for letting me know. This is what we did and it worked fine for us... though we think that our 100+ documents of evidence per submission bores them into accepting us!

Well done !!!!!