Confused about which visa type to select on Visa4UK

Old May 24th 2018, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Jumbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused about which visa type to select on Visa4UK

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you are not an Imm lawyer please stop saying you are ‘legally qualified’. Also please check and double check the facts before posting. Thanks

JERSEYGIRL
SUPER MODERATOR
Oh geez, are immigration lawyers the only type of lawyers in the world? I studied and obtained law qualification at university but I do not practice law, as without an LPC or BVC, one is not registered as a solicitor or barrister in England. However I am studying for the OISC immigration exam, which will make me an immigration 'adviser' not an immigration 'lawyer'. I hope you understand the difference. It is an offence to make oneself out to be a lawyer if one is not registered with the Bar or SRA. Hence, my description of legally qualified.

And yes, I did check on SU07.

<< https://www.gov.uk/government/public...cant-form-su07 >>
Use ‘Form SU07’ to support the application of a person who is applying to come to the UK to visit or settle.This form is to confirm that you will be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance, accommodation and care, without relying on public funds:
  • for at least 5 years, if they are applying to settle
  • throughout their stay in the UK, if they are applying to visit
I reiterate: someone MUST sponsor the non-British spouse. It is usually the British spouse, who in this case is moving back to the UK with the non-British Spouse. The non-British spouse is the dependent.

Now, I have provided you with the link to show it IS needed. Can you provide me a link to show it is NOT needed? I try to back up my position with evidence. I ask the same of you.

Last edited by Jumbie; May 24th 2018 at 6:43 pm.
Old May 24th 2018, 6:51 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jumbie
Oh geez, are immigration lawyers the only type of lawyers in the world? I studied and obtained law qualification at university but I do not practice law, as without an LPC or BVC, one is not registered as a solicitor or barrister in England. However I am studying for the OISC immigration exam, which will make me an immigration 'adviser' not an immigration 'lawyer'. I hope you understand the difference. It is an offence to make oneself out to be a lawyer if one is not registered with the Bar or SRA. Hence, my description of legally qualified.

I reiterate: someone MUST sponsor the non-British spouse. It is usually the British spouse, who in this case is moving back to the UK with the non-British Spouse. The non-British spouse is the dependent.

Now, I have provided you with the link to show it IS needed. Can you provide me a link to show it is NOT needed? I try to back up my position with evidence. I ask the same of you.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

"Adult Dependent Relatives
If you are applying as an adult dependant relative (your sponsor should also complete a Sponsorship Undertaking Form
(SU07)"

Good game, no rematch.

Think you need to go back to law school boy. Or do they not teach you how to read?
Old May 24th 2018, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

By stating you are ‘qualified’ you giving the impression that you are a qualified immigration lawyer and you are not. All I am asking is that you refrain from posting that you are qualified.
Old May 24th 2018, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Jumbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by az2014
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

"Adult Dependent Relatives
If you are applying as an adult dependant relative (your sponsor should also complete a Sponsorship Undertaking Form
(SU07)"

Good game, no rematch.

Think you need to go back to law school boy. Or do they not teach you how to read?
You are aware, I hope, that the spouse is a) adult, b) dependent c) related by marriage?

Law is a funny thing. Interpretation is not always what the layman think it is.
Old May 24th 2018, 7:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You are aware, I hope, that the spouse is a) adult, b) dependent c) related by marriage?

A spouse is not an adult dependent relative. This is pretty basic stuff. Good luck for your OISC competence assessment, it sounds like you'll need it.
Old May 24th 2018, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

parisreds is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think we can all agree on one thing: that the language on the UK visa site, and guidance, is unclear.

Thank you for the initial answer to my question on Appendix 2.

I am also satisfied that SU07 is not required (in bold at the top of the form: "The person giving this undertaking must be resident in the UK").

Again thanks all for the input and talking me off the ledge

I think this thread can now be put to bed.

Last edited by parisreds; May 24th 2018 at 7:29 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 24th 2018, 9:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I got my spouse visa and my husband didn't fill in an SU07.