Confirmation of British nationality status (form NS)

Old Nov 27th 2018, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

walshy1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confirmation of British nationality status (form NS)

hi there, i need some help/advice.
will be much appreciated.

i have never applied for an english passport, i currently hold a spanish one, and i
i was born in spain (92), after 1983 and before 2006. does that make me a english "citizen by decent"? automatically?
(my farther was born in englang from birth, my mother is spanish and theyre not married)

now my question is, i want to apply for an english passport, do i need to apply for a Confirmation of British nationality status (form NS) or can i go straight to the goverment page and apply for a english passport without the Confirmation of British nationality status (form NS).

i dont want to spend £250 when i dont need if i already am a citizen by decent, but then do i need a confirmation letter to apply for a britsh passport?
many thanks and much appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by walshy1992; Nov 27th 2018 at 2:53 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmation of British nationality status (form NS)

This site lists the options involved regarding your situation: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship...-1983-and-2006

Since you were born between 1983-2006, your father is UK born and your parents are unmarried, you're not currently a British Citizen but instead need to register as one using Form UKF, whereupon you'd be a citizen by descent. .
Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

thank you very much that's what i was looking for.
much appreciated.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your parents are not married and never have been married then you’ll need to register first using Form UKF as sun_burn has outlined. If you’re living in the UK then you may also wish to consider naturalisation to give you British citizenship otherwise than by descent.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

thank you both, greatly appreciated. That's what i was after all day.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

A bit early for an ENGLISH passport. They will not be issued until England becomes an independent State.