Complex possible path to citizenship

Old Jun 15th 2024, 3:06 am
Just Joined

thepollyannasociety is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Complex possible path to citizenship

Good morning!
Earlier this week I received a rejection letter from the Home Office regarding my ARD application. I had received help from this group before I applied, telling me that it was probably going to fail, but thought it was my only shot. Not going to lie, I was really sad about what I assumed was my poor argument, so I got back on the internet to check into finding others with my story. I could not - but I did find an argument that applied to another branch of my family...sort of...and wondered if I could run it by you all.

This is really far back to start, so please don't be upset with me:
2GGF: b. UK 1866, m. US 2GGM in US 1891
GGM b. Mexico in 1902
GF b. US 1922, m. US GM in US 1940
F b. US 1948

Could GGM, if she could have passed her citizenship, have caused GF to be a citizen "by descent"? And then his wife, my US GM be my path to me being "by descent" to meet the ROA requirement?
Anxiously awaiting advice. Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 15th 2024, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Complex possible path to citizenship

What citizenship could your GGM pass on...? According to your table your GGM was born in Mexico

Where does any British ancestry come in to this apart from your Great Grandfathers' ?
Old Jun 15th 2024, 4:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your previous posts suggested your claim came via an entirely maternal line - is that not the case?
Old Jun 15th 2024, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

thepollyannasociety is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BritInParis, Yes, my rejected claim was completely maternal. When I was trying to figure out how to better argue that claim, I happened upon a discussion where a foreign woman married a British by descent male and was able to be the source of a claim for someone, so my wheels started turning toward my father's side and making a fresh claim (if it is a possibility). I believe that my Mexico-born GGM should still hold her British citizenship through her father, and that if she had been able to transmit that citizenship to her son, he would be British by descent. So, if my family timeline works, would I then be able to claim through my US born, but British by marriage (if not for historical discrimination) Grandmother? And would it be a 4L claim?