British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Clarification on Visa Application Process (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/clarification-visa-application-process-904130/)

nlb65 Oct 4th 2017 11:19 am

Clarification on Visa Application Process

Hi.

I haven't been able to find clear information regarding this.

I'd be greatly appreciative if someone could send me a link or spell it out for me.

What is the exact process to apply for the spouse settlement visa?

From my understanding, you make an online account and apply. But what do they ask you during this application? Do I pay the fee at this point, if so how do I pay it? Do I submit any documents at this point?

You then make an appointment at the VFS to do the biometrics. What information is needed when my wife goes to the VFS? When do I submit the supporting documents, is that at the VFS? Is this where we pay for the priority service if we want it? What is the timeline difference between priority and non-priority?

Is there anything else that happens after this?

Is there a number for the immigration services that can be contacted apart from the 1.30 pound number?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

BritInParis Oct 4th 2017 11:43 am

Re: Clarification on Visa Application Process

A little bit of background on yourself, your spouse and your circumstances would help us to help you.

Ratava Oct 4th 2017 2:02 pm

Hi BritInParis,

I need your advice and expertise with an application how can i contact you?

Thanks

j4v3d Oct 4th 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ratava (Post 12353506)
Hi BritInParis,

I need your advice and expertise with an application how can i contact you?

Thanks

You could open a new thread and wait till BritInParis is free and he'll be able to assist:thumbsup:

nlb65 Oct 6th 2017 7:54 am

I am British and my wife is Korean. I have 2 kids, both who are multinationals (including British).

The kids and I have already returned to the UK.

My wife is still working in Korea.

We are going the 62.5k route. My father has gifted me the money.

In addition to my earlier questions, do I need my father to sign an affidavit or something similar from him to prove the money is a gift? Does he need to prove where the money came from? It was from savings accounts, what would suffice as proof?

Thanks for any help you can give

mikelincs Oct 6th 2017 8:08 am

Originally Posted by nlb65 (Post 12354758)
I am British and my wife is Korean. I have 2 kids, both who are multinationals (including British).

The kids and I have already returned to the UK.

My wife is still working in Korea.

We are going the 62.5k route. My father has gifted me the money.

In addition to my earlier questions, do I need my father to sign an affidavit or something similar from him to prove the money is a gift? Does he need to prove where the money came from? It was from savings accounts, what would suffice as proof?

Thanks for any help you can give

Yes, you really should have a letter from your father to indicate that the money is a gift and not a loan, just stating it is from his savings in the letter should suffice.

nlb65 Oct 6th 2017 9:10 am

Thanks.

Do you have any answers to my original questions:

"What is the exact process to apply for the spouse settlement visa?

From my understanding, you make an online account and apply. But what do they ask you during this application? Do I pay the fee at this point, if so how do I pay it? Do I submit any documents at this point?

You then make an appointment at the VFS to do the biometrics. What information is needed when my wife goes to the VFS? When do I submit the supporting documents, is that at the VFS? Is this where we pay for the priority service if we want it? What is the timeline difference between priority and non-priority?

Is there a number for the immigration services that can be contacted apart from the 1.30 pound number?"

chandni Oct 6th 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by nlb65 (Post 12354806)
Thanks.

Do you have any answers to my original questions:

"What is the exact process to apply for the spouse settlement visa?

Is there a number for the immigration services that can be contacted apart from the 1.30 pound number?"

Hi,

Ok so...you create the account and fill in all the details.
you can keep saving the details and go back to it later.
when you complete filling all the details is when you get to payment....you can pay when you are ready to pay.
which then lets you book an appointment with VFS/TSL depending on your country of application.
You attend the appointment is where you will physically submit the papers and give your biometric (finger prints & picture)

As for what documents are required....I submitted the following on 1st of Aug 2017 at my appointment along with Biometrics
I submitted the online application on 21st July 2017 along with payment.

• Applicant’s Documents

1. Cover Letter
2. Completed Application Form
3. Completed Appendix 2 - VAF 4A
4. Payment Receipts
5. Birth Certificate
6. Certificate of good conduct
7. Tuberculosis Medical Certificate
8. UK NARIC Certificate
9. University Degree Certificate
10. University English Letter
11. Biometrics
12. Previous Passport
13. Current Passport
14. 2 Passport Photos

• Sponsor’s Documents

15. Complete Sponsor undertaking Form - SU07
16. Cover Letter
17. Full Passport Copy (Page 2-35)

• Financial Evidence
18. Letter from Employer
19. Contract of Employment
20. Payment Slips Oct 2016 – July 2017
21. Letter from Bank
22. Bank Statements
23. P60 of 2017

• Evidence of Accommodation
24. Letter from Landlord
25. Tenancy agreement
26. Property Inspection Letter
27. Property Inspection Report
28. Council Tax 2017 - 2018
29. Water Bill June 2016 – Jan 2017
30. Electricity & Gas Bill Jan - July2017

• Relationship evidence

31. Marriage Certificate
32. Marriage certification from MoFA
33. WhatsApp Call logs Sept 2016 – July 2017
34. WhatsApp Texts May 2016 – July 2017
35. Emails (Gmail & Hangouts) Nov 2015 - May 2017
36. Skype Call logs Nov 2015 – Jan 2017
37. Airbnb Booking Receipts & Reviews
38. Gift Orders & Receipts
39. Cards
40. Flight Ticket Copies Dec 2016 & may 2017
41. Boarding Passes
42. Copy of Passport Showing entry and exit from Kenya
43. Pictures

**** No. 8,9 & 10 = you dont need if you have IELTS

Some people say that I have submitted a few unnecessary documents, which they will probably advice you on as they keep responding to the thread. I submitted everything I could gather, wanted to be as sure and safe as possible.

I think Priority is 15 working days to process at a fee of £551 extra, sometimes takes longer...I am not very sure about the Priority bit....as for non-priority can take upto 60 working days.

I hope this is sorta helpfull and gives you a vague understanding

BritInParis should be of great help....Ans I dont know if Korea has anything in Specific that needs to be done in terms of forms that is different from other countries. again BritInParis can help with that.

Ratava Oct 7th 2017 10:33 pm

If I make 3 posts I can message. Will try this.

Pollyana Oct 8th 2017 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Ratava (Post 12356132)
If I make 3 posts I can message. Will try this.

Please do not ask immigration questions by private message, keep them on the open forum.

nlb65 Oct 11th 2017 5:51 am

Is it possible to get some answers to my original question?

I have been given a very in-depth answer by Chandhi, it seems like a lot of what has been submitted there, is more than necessary.

Do I submit all of the supporting documents to the VFS, and they send them to the UK?

For proof of accommodation, I am currently staying with my parents, what files are needed to prove that?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

chandni Oct 11th 2017 7:41 am

Originally Posted by nlb65 (Post 12358360)
Is it possible to get some answers to my original question?

I have been given a very in-depth answer by Chandhi, it seems like a lot of what has been submitted there, is more than necessary.

Do I submit all of the supporting documents to the VFS, and they send them to the UK?

For proof of accommodation, I am currently staying with my parents, what files are needed to prove that?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hi,

Yes. on the day of your appointment you take everything to VFS and submit everything. Thats how it happened on my end atleast.

As for accommodation. If your parents own the house. Then they have to write a letter saying they are ok with your spouse moving in aswell, and it needs to show there is adequate room for her. They will also need to give in documents showing the house is in their name (mortgage papers etc) and utility bills.

If they aer renting it....then contract and landlord's letter saying that there is room for your spouse....then utility bills again.

I hope it makes sense