Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Sunny girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

Hi

Does anyone have the same experience?

I don't know what wrong with them because the documents they are asking for have been submitted to vfs centre.

Why do they ask for the same documents again?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

Originally Posted by Sunny girl
Hi

I don't know what wrong with them because the documents they are asking for have been submitted to vfs centre.

I was asked to do same after paying for Priority and waiting for 58 working days. The later sent "case not straightforward email". Now am in limbo, don't know how long I have to wait, so frustrating
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Sheffield is asking for additional documents that were scanned at VFS center

I paid priority also. Seems they are playing another game with us.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid priority also. Seems they are playing another game with us.
Definitely and unfortunately there is no way to hold them accountable. I was told to only 'hope' when I called the call centre. Did they send you the 'not straightforward email also'?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Not yet because it happened on my 40th day.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not yet because it happened on my 40th day.
Do you mind saying what documents they have asked for? And where did you apply from?

Hope once you send them the docs, the visa will come through....!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, got the same email after w/d 45, priority, Hong Kong. All documents were scanned via VFS but HO saying they didn't receive our supporting documents. Been told by UKVI to just send documents via post again so will do that today.

Anyone had any further progress?

Why can't they get anything right?????
Old Sep 28th 2017, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a horrible trend at the moment - Clearly they are showing their incompetency
Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Making mistake intentionally to control immigration
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

They clearly do not have the staff at the moment to cope with the amount of applications that are flooding in.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Arkadius is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here

my wife applied on 7th August
on 24th August she got "case not straightforward email" and VFS called and asked to send all the supporting documents again, and they arrange courier to collect it.

We haven't heard from them since then.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Arkadius
Same here

my wife applied on 7th August
on 24th August she got "case not straightforward email" and VFS called and asked to send all the supporting documents again, and they arrange courier to collect it.

We haven't heard from them since then.
Where are you applying from and where were your documents sent from?

I received a similar email requesting for us to send our supporting documents in again so we called up UKVI. They told us to send documents to them from HK although we had already scanned them in. We then went into the VFS Centre in HK and they helped to confirm that the documents were correctly uploaded and available to Sheffield on the portal.

We get VFS Global in HK to send Sheffield an email informing them of this and 3 hours later we receive an email from Decision Making Centre apologising that they sent us the email requesting for our supporting documents in error.

That was on Friday and we haven't heard further as yet.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Where are you applying from? You may want to do what I did as mentioned in my previous post.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Arkadius is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi b813

we applied from Manila, Philippines
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Arkadius
Hi b813

we applied from Manila, Philippines
You could go back to your local visa centre and ask them to help you drop an email to Sheffield ensuring they still have your documents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.