Clarification on Housing Requirement

Old Apr 8th 2018, 4:36 am
Just Joined

warrencoles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clarification on Housing Requirement

Hi,
Thanks for any help.
This is a question regarding the accommodation requirement.
I was planning to use my brother’s house as the place we will stay. Would anybody be able to confirm/comment on wherever it is adequate?
Our family:
I am the sponsor and we have two children, girl 13, boy 10 – both the boy and the girl are also UK passport holders and don’t need to be sponsored; applicant is my Taiwanese wife.
Brother’s house
He lives there with his husband (no children). They have 3 double bedrooms, loft room, dining room and living room (both theoretically could also be used as bedrooms).
I understand, as the girls is 13, it would be deemed that she would need her own bedroom.

In addition, as this would be a temporary thing until I find a job what are the requirements around changing address once I do that?
Old Apr 8th 2018, 9:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarification on Housing Requirement

Originally Posted by warrencoles
Hi,
Thanks for any help.
This is a question regarding the accommodation requirement.
I was planning to use my brother’s house as the place we will stay. Would anybody be able to confirm/comment on wherever it is adequate?
Our family:
I am the sponsor and we have two children, girl 13, boy 10 – both the boy and the girl are also UK passport holders and don’t need to be sponsored; applicant is my Taiwanese wife.
Brother’s house
He lives there with his husband (no children). They have 3 double bedrooms, loft room, dining room and living room (both theoretically could also be used as bedrooms).
I understand, as the girls is 13, it would be deemed that she would need her own bedroom.

In addition, as this would be a temporary thing until I find a job what are the requirements around changing address once I do that?
The accommodation requirements are clearly set out here https://www.gov.uk/government/public...odation-maa--2
Old Apr 8th 2018, 9:45 am
Just Joined

warrencoles is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Spouse of Scouse,

Thanks for replying.

It is not clear here what documents are needed. Is it the case I need a housing report from a chartered surveyor to prove adaquacy?

Thanks again.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warrencoles
Dear Spouse of Scouse,

Thanks for replying.

It is not clear here what documents are needed. Is it the case I need a housing report from a chartered surveyor to prove adaquacy?

Thanks again.
Yes..... or any other agency that does a housing report.