British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Citizenship via UKM (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/citizenship-via-ukm-938532/)

SunHS May 10th 2021 3:10 pm

Citizenship via UKM

Hi all- I applied for citizenship via the UKM form last year. In February I was sent to do biometrics and then the other day I received a mail that said they have made a decision on my
citizenship and that they where contacting me regarding the return of my documents and instructions on how to get them back. But they don’t say if my application was successful or not and I haven’t received anything else. Can anyone shed some light on this or know how I can find out?

BritInParis May 10th 2021 5:56 pm

Re: Citizenship via UKM

You’ll receive your approval or rejection by letter.

SunHS May 11th 2021 6:07 am

Ok, thanks so much!

SunHS May 11th 2021 9:33 am

Brit in Paris- thanks so much for your help. My local post office has just stopped delivering to my address so I have a new post box- I have tried filling in the change of address form that I was directed to but it won’t accept my old post code even though it is correct. They no longer accept emails to their old email that used to handle address changes, so I have no idea what to try next!
Do you perhaps know ?

SunHS Jul 13th 2021 2:37 pm

Hi Brit in Paris or anyone else that can advise me! I have received my citizenship via form UKM and I now have my passport which is great. What I need to know now is if I come over to work next year is there any way I can bring my 18 year old daughter over for a few months to do some casual work before she leaves for university? I don’t know if this is possible or if she can only come over as a tourist. Thanks

BritInParis Jul 13th 2021 2:55 pm

Excellent news, glad you got it sorted in the end :goodpost:

Which passport(s) does your daughter hold?

SanDiegogirl Jul 13th 2021 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by SunHS (Post 13028832)
Hi Brit in Paris or anyone else that can advise me! I have received my citizenship via form UKM and I now have my passport which is great. What I need to know now is if I come over to work next year is there any way I can bring my 18 year old daughter over for a few months to do some casual work before she leaves for university? I don’t know if this is possible or if she can only come over as a tourist. Thanks

If she is NOT a British citizen, no she cannot without a work visa or maybe a Tier 5 Mobility Visa if you are from an eligible country.

SunHS Jul 13th 2021 7:55 pm

She is on a South African passport. I got citizenship through my Grandfather, but my parents are S A born.

SanDiegogirl Jul 13th 2021 10:23 pm

She cannot work in the UK on a South African passport without a work visa of some sort.