citizenship for family members

Old Jul 11th 2018, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Cini97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default citizenship for family members

Is it possible to file for my mother to come live with me in the uk?
Im British and my mom is American, I didn't want to leave her here in America by herself and wanted her to come join me in the UK
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizenship for family members

There is no sponsorship for parents to emigrate to the UK unless the parent is solely dependent on the British sponsor ie. daily needs and also financially.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As SanDiegiogirl correctly points out there is no automatic route to sponsor a parent to emigrate to the UK. Does your mother have any recent British, Irish and other European ancestry?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Does the ancestry have to be parents or grandparents? and do we have to provide documents?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 3:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cini97
Does the ancestry have to be parents or grandparents? and do we have to provide documents?
That would depend on which country you are trying to claim citizenship from.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you have to provide documents to prove Ancestry ........

What Ancestry does your mother have?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

My mom is Jamaican And we don’t know much about our family history and don’t know where to start looking. Is there no other option for her?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

My mom is Jamaican And we don’t know much about our family history and don’t know where to start looking. Is there no other option for her?
If you are wealthy enough, there are entrepreneur or investor visas, but they do need significant amounts of money.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
Old Jul 12th 2018, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Join an Ancestry/Geneology website to start investigations. Ask your mother where her parents and grandparent were born.

Unless she has Ancestry linking her to the UK or Europe, no, there is no other easy option.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jul 12th 2018 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 10:25 pm

How are you British? How is your mother Jamaican and American?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

I'm a British citizen born in the Caribbean(still under control by the uk) my mom was Jamaican but she gave up citizenship for USA
is it possible for her to get a family visa
Old Jul 13th 2018, 12:05 am

I'm a British citizen born in the Caribbean(still under control by the uk) my mom was Jamaican but she gave up citizenship for USA
is it possible for her to get a family visa
So you’re British by birth? Where you born and which year? What about your father? Both Jamaica and the US permit dual nationality - did your mother actually give up her Jamaican citizenship or did she just become a US citizen?
Old Jul 13th 2018, 2:59 am
Just Joined

yes by birth. turks and Caicos age 21 father born same place.
if she still has a Jamaican citizenship what would that do?
Old Jul 13th 2018, 7:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how you're a British citizen 'by birth' if you weren't born there, and neither were your mother or father. It would probably be easiest for BiP to help you if you could give full details of how you got your British citizenship and your family details i.e. their year of birth, citizenship, any links to European ancestry etc, etc .

He will be very happy to help you try and figure out a way for your mother to join you in the UK if he can, but I suspect he'll need a lot more info. We don't charge by the word so feel free to give full details!
Old Jul 13th 2018, 9:25 am

Which year did your parents marry?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.