Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship by descent - unmarried parents born outside UK

Citizenship by descent - unmarried parents born outside UK

Old Apr 9th 2022, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship by descent - unmarried parents born outside UK

Hey the issue we have, my half brothers birth registration was done late, so HO won't accept this, as we share the same father, I thought about useing a HO approved DNA test center, this is to prove paternity. As HO won't accept parents marriage, can we still do a application for UKF, as he was born to a British father before 2006.
Old Apr 9th 2022, 11:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
Hey the issue we have, my half brothers birth registration was done late, so HO won't accept this, as we share the same father, I thought about useing a HO approved DNA test center, this is to prove paternity. As HO won't accept parents marriage, can we still do a application for UKF, as he was born to a British father before 2006.
Why won’t the Home Office recognise the marriage?
Old Apr 10th 2022, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Why won’t the Home Office recognise the marriage?
This was my fathers 2nd marriage that took place in Bangladesh,when he got married for the 2nd time in Bangladesh, he didn't take permission from the 1st wife, so HO are saying, my half brothers birth could not be considered legitimate for the purpose of nationalaily.
My question is, as HO don't accept the marriage, and he was born before 2006, to a British father, regardless of marriage, can we use the UKF route? I suggested a sibling DNA test, to prove paternity, as my half brothers birth registration was done late.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Bronwynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I am new here and I recently applied citizenship through UKF.
I read the whole thread and somewhere you mentioned DNA. Did you eventually do the DNA test? Did they require it?

Thank you so much.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bronwynne
Hi! I am new here and I recently applied citizenship through UKF.
I read the whole thread and somewhere you mentioned DNA. Did you eventually do the DNA test? Did they require it?

Thank you so much.
Hey,
No we didnt use DNA, we made a application for right of abode, This was refused because of late birth registration, this time they didn't mention anything about 2nd marriage or legitimacy. So we did pre action protocol, HO have accepted to reconsider the refusal decision and said to reply within 3months.