Citizenship by descent ?

Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship by descent ?

One more update as this entire saga draws towards conclusion: I was contacted by the consulate in SF a few days ago, and they've set up a ceremony date for next week!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun_burn
One more update as this entire saga draws towards conclusion: I was contacted by the consulate in SF a few days ago, and they've set up a ceremony date for next week!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BritInParis, couldn't have navigated half of this without your expert guidance :-)

A few gleanings from the last part of the process:
* If an applicant sends their own return mailing option (FedEx in my case), they're contacted to arrange pickup. This can be problematic because the case worker requests at least 24 hrs notice, and FedEx offers a pick up scheduling up to 24 hrs ahead, effectively even less for someone in California 8hrs behind. Took me two tries on successive days to get this sorted out, partly because the FedEx field ate half the UK phone number first time around.
* Home Office emailed to say they sent the certificate by diplomatic mail on Jan 2 2019, and I was contacted by the UK Consulate General in SF mid February, so that's 1.5 months turn around for such mail, it seems. The SF consulate does not process visas...
* I was initially offered a slot in March so I could 'make proper arrangements for travel', but when I informed them that we live under an hour away from downtown SF, they offered a date in February, which I took.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Good information. The dip bag is as slow as always it seems.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sent in the passport application last week online followed by the countersigned declaration form , registration document and other stuff to HMPO Durham.

Courier indicated delivery at HMPO Durham: March 8 2019 afternoon UK time
Online status updated to processing: March 11 2019
Online status updated to dispatched: March 13 2019 (evening Calif time, very early AM on March 14 UK time)
DHL text indicating incoming tracking number: March 14 2019 morning Calif time
Delivery date: March 15 2019

Just 3 days to process the passport application was very surprising, since I was classified a Group 3 applicant by country of birth. Comparing G1 and G3 documents, the only difference was 1-2 additional pieces of ID and residency proof (I sent in an employment verification letter generated off my workplace system, my CA voter ID card copy and I think a water bill from the local utility). The processing time was exactly the same as luthersnowak, who got his passport a week ago with a 3 day processing time as a probable G1 applicant.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 8:40 pm

Let us know when you get your passport
Old Mar 19th 2019, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Let us know when you get your passport
Got it earlier today . I'm all done with this very interesting journey, that I stumbled onto quite by accident over a beer
Old Mar 19th 2019, 12:59 am

Got it earlier today . I'm all done with this very interesting journey, that I stumbled onto quite by accident over a beer
Nearly two and a half years later... it’s been emotional my friend Thanks for keeping us updated along the way and welcome to the club!
Old Mar 19th 2019, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Nearly two and a half years later... it’s been emotional my friend Thanks for keeping us updated along the way and welcome to the club!
Thank you ! Im just one of the many who are indebted to the encyclopedia of knowledge that you are Took a lot less than 2.5 years I think - first learned of this in early Dec 2017 , applied Mid Sept 2018, passport in hand March 2019 !
Old Mar 19th 2019, 1:45 am

Thank you ! Im just one of the many who are indebted to the encyclopedia of knowledge that you are Took a lot less than 2.5 years I think - first learned of this in early Dec 2017 , applied Mid Sept 2018, passport in hand March 2019 !
Thankfully my nationality law is better than my maths