Citizen by descent Passport Application from Nigeria

Old Jul 9th 2018, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really nice
Default Citizen by descent Passport Application from Nigeria

hello
i have a slightly complicated case or so i think
my mum was born in England in 1971
i was born in Nigeria in 1991
so i think I qualify as citizen by descent
i never knew my father
fast forward we came to Nigeria in 1999 and my mum passed away in 2000
i was only 8 so i remained in Nigeria ever since
all her documents n passport miraculously disappeared
the only documents i have is her birth,death and my birth certificate.
In 2003 my grandpa changed my surname to my mum’s (i have a change if name notarised in 2003)
now i am 26
and im wondering if i can apply for a british passport or if ive lost the claim
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizen by descent Passport Application from Nigeria

Your circumstances don't look particularly unusual. You should however be prepared for a long wait.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really niceBastron is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your circumstances don't look particularly unusual. You should however be prepared for a long
According to the page the wait is 14weeks im fine by that.

but will only the birth certificate, death certificate and my birth certificate be sufficient proof?
hope my change of name with affect the application

lastly
Can the countersignatory Be a Nigerian ?
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bastron
According to the page the wait is 14weeks im fine by that.
At least 14 weeks. Be prepared to wait longer however.

but will only the birth certificate, death certificate and my birth certificate be sufficient proof?
hope my change of name with affect the application
Yes, although HMPO may ask for additional documents depending on your individual circumstances. You will need to provide proof of your change of name.

lastly
Can the countersignatory Be a Nigerian ?
They can be, providing they hold a valid Nigerian passport, but it is likely to delay your application.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, although HMPO may ask for additional documents depending on your individual circumstances. You will need to provide proof of your change of name.

They can be, providing they hold a valid Nigerian passport, but it is likely to delay your application.
thank you

I will keep you posted
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

please where can I order her birth certificate from online the one I have is a scanned original copy of the long certificate i dont have physical one
and the gro(dot)govUk records of birth ends at 1917
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:22 am

please where can I order her birth certificate from online the one I have is a scanned original copy of the long certificate i dont have physical one
and the gro(dot)govUk records of birth ends at 1917
You can order it from the GRO. Use FreeBMD to find the required information. You want an actual certificate, not a PDF.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

You can order it from the GRO. Use FreeBMD to find the required information. You want an actual certificate, not a PDF.

i found her her name in the list
both how can I acquire the physical copy of the long birth certificate to send to the passport office because i only have the scanned copy of her long birth certificate On my mail
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:46 am

i found her her name in the list
both how can I acquire the physical copy of the long birth certificate to send to the passport office because i only have the scanned copy of her long birth certificate On my mail
Order from the GRO.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Order from the GRO.
hi BiP
can I please send the my form for you to go through it and make sure I didn’t make any mistake
privately on here
Old Jul 31st 2018, 7:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

hi BiP
can I please send the my form for you to go through it and make sure I didn’t make any mistake
privately on here
If you want somebody to check your forms for mistakes, you need an immi lawyer. BiP is amazing but he already gives up enough time for free here! Please don't ask him to do anything off the forum, it's just not fair and not what BE is about. Thx.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 9:50 pm

hi BiP
privately on here
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, but on the forum, not by private message. I'm not infallible and this way they can be peer reviewed by other members which is safer for both of us.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, but on the forum, not by private message. I'm not infallible and this way they can be peer reviewed by other members which is safer for both of us.
okay,
all uncancelled passport does it include expired passport too?

do i need to write the reason for my change of name in section 8

maiden name or all previous names
means the i was before it was changed?

and finally my countersignatory made a mistake on my name the wrote Oluwatobe instead of oluwatobi but the crossed the “e” with a boldend “i”
attached below

Old Jul 31st 2018, 10:12 pm

okay,
all uncancelled passport does it include expired passport too?

"An uncancelled passport is one that is either:

• current and in use, or
• has expired but has not been physically altered (eg corner cut off by the issuing authority)"

do i need to write the reason for my change of name in section 8

maiden name or all previous names
means the i was before it was changed?
Your maiden name is your name before you marry. If you have married and changed your surname to your husband's name then you should also provide your maiden name and your marriage certificate as evidence of your change of name. If your current name matches the name on your birth certificate then you don't need to worry about this.

and finally my countersignatory made a mistake on my name the wrote Oluwatobe instead of oluwatobi but the crossed the “e” with a boldend “i”
attached below
It shouldn't be an issue.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

"

Your maiden name is your name before you marry. If you have married and changed your surname to your husband's name then you should also provide your maiden name and your marriage certificate as evidence of your change of name. If your current name matches the name on your birth certificate then you don't need to worry about this.

I am a man
like i said earlier my grandpa change my surname and middle name
i am not married
so the question is do i write my old name there and provide my change of name document?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.