Spousal Visa

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Homebound Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Visa

Hello All,

Just joined the forum after lurking for a while, so much great information here, thank you all for the contributions!

I have a question.

We recently submitted a spousal visa application, I am the sponsor and my Canadian wife the applicant.
While we feel the application is good, my financial fulfillment is a little complex as I get paid in dividends and wonder if we could get refused on this, even though we have provided all evidence possible. We paid priority and are hoping for a response by end of October.
At the end of February 2019, we will have had over a 100k GBP in a joint bank account for 6 months at which point we could apply again if initial application refused.

Could my wife come to the UK on a visitor visa in the interim and then return back to Canada to make a second application?
Would she be declined entry as she would not have a job or residence in Canada any longer?

Thank you all in advance!
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 8:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa/ Visitor Visa Question

Originally Posted by littleprince
Hello All,

Just joined the forum after lurking for a while, so much great information here, thank you all for the contributions!

I have a question.

We recently submitted a spousal visa application, I am the sponsor and my Canadian wife the applicant.
While we feel the application is good, my financial fulfillment is a little complex as I get paid in dividends and wonder if we could get refused on this, even though we have provided all evidence possible. We paid priority and are hoping for a response by end of October.
At the end of February 2019, we will have had over a 100k GBP in a joint bank account for 6 months at which point we could apply again if initial application refused.

Could my wife come to the UK on a visitor visa in the interim and then return back to Canada to make a second application?
Would she be declined entry as she would not have a job or residence in Canada any longer?

Thank you all in advance!
Welcome to BE, please have a quick read of the site rules, pale blue bar at the top, and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderatora, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.

Anecdotally there may be a problem with her getting a visitor visa as she has no ties to her home country, and also they will know you have a spouse visa being adjudicated, so may well see it as her trying to get into the UK to live.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Anecdotally there may be a problem with her getting a visitor visa as she has no ties to her home country, and also they will know you have a spouse visa being adjudicated, so may well see it as her trying to get into the UK to live.
Thank you!

What about applying for a visitor visa prior to leaving Canada rather than just turning up in the UK and risk being turned away?

Cheers
Old Sep 24th 2018, 10:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian citizens don’t need a visa in order to visit the UK for up to six months but a recent refusal and no ties to her home country may see her refused entry. Best to wait until a decision is made on her spouse visa before getting into theoretical scenarios.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the response, you are right of course.
I'm just trying to see what our options would be in the interim, should we be refused.

Cheers