Chat logs as opposed to screenshots

Old Aug 16th 2018, 2:21 am
Just Joined

cmdaniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chat logs as opposed to screenshots

After searching many different forums and posts, I have found no concrete answer and want the low down.

For chat communication evidence - WhatsApp primarily. Yes, I have 5 years worth of chat logs - but only about a year where I can actually screenshot. For other services (i.e. Facebook, Skype - we used this during the very early stages of our friendship/relationship but now use WhatsApp much more, is it OK to include that as well?)

People have said their application has been rejected because they only submitted chat logs, whereas others have said it is fine. What is the truth in this?
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat logs as opposed to screenshots

Originally Posted by cmdaniel
After searching many different forums and posts, I have found no concrete answer and want the low down.

For chat communication evidence - WhatsApp primarily. Yes, I have 5 years worth of chat logs - but only about a year where I can actually screenshot. For other services (i.e. Facebook, Skype - we used this during the very early stages of our friendship/relationship but now use WhatsApp much more, is it OK to include that as well?)

People have said their application has been rejected because they only submitted chat logs, whereas others have said it is fine. What is the truth in this?
You've previously said that even the official guidance on this isn't clear, so no one here can give you a definitive answer, or 'the truth'. All we can do is share our own experiences. Maybe consult an immigration advisor?
Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cmdaniel

Hi

To early for me to say, as we don't have a decision yet, but we applied through UK based solicitor and she was for us to only have whatsapp chat info.

Whatsapp chat log is something to support that your relationship is genuine and continues.
We submitted:
Whatsapp chat screenshots
Whatsappa call screenshots
Whatsapp video call screenshots

in addition we submitted

Flight ittineries/boarding passes
Hotel reservations
Visas when I visited him
Pictures (alone & with family and friend)

We never used anything other than whatsapp for daily communication, therefore even if wanted we don't have.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 10:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your only proof of relationship is chatting online then whether it's screenshots or chatlogs is immaterial. If you're now married and living together then that's far more important than whether you have one or five years of screenshots. A small selection of social media/online chat is fine to back up claims you have made in your application regarding the development of your relationship, preferably in the form of a covering letter, but only when combined with other evidence like those suggested by Nora_.