Changes to process for UK settlement visa applicants

Old Mar 26th 2017, 9:40 am
Just Joined

morris1773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changes to process for UK settlement visa applicants

According to the following article:

Changes to process for UK settlement visa applicants in Taiwan:

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...ants-in-taiwan

So instead of handing in my documents to the embassy when we do our bio-metrics, we have to send our documents to Sheffield. The problem is, its a PO Box address, does anyone have any ideas how we can send valuable documents. DHL and Fedex are out of the question as they wont send to a PO Box, I need to send them on Monday.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 11:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to process for UK settlement visa applicants

Originally Posted by morris1773

So instead of handing in my documents to the embassy when we do our bio-metrics, we have to send our documents to Sheffield. The problem is, its a PO Box address, does anyone have any ideas how we can send valuable documents. DHL and Fedex are out of the question as they wont send to a PO Box, I need to send them on Monday.
If you have concerns about the mail service from Taiwan, maybe you could take advantage of the 1 month grace period provided - the text below is from the link you gave. The new ruling kicks in on 27 March so presumably the grace period is up to 26 April. Probably not the most correct way to do it, but if I was worried about my documents that's what I'd do. Please note this isn't in any way professional advice, just a suggestion! Best of luck.

My sponsor sent my documents to UKVI in Manila, will I get refused?

We accept that there may be a small number of errors initially. For a transition period of one month, supporting documents sent in error to Manila will be forwarded to Sheffield. After that period, documents will be returned to the sender for re-submission to Sheffield.

What will happen to my passport?

Your passport will not be sent to the UK but will remain with UK Visas & Immigration throughout the process.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Couriers will not deliver to unattended PO boxes. but only to 'inhabited' offices or homes. I looked up the post code in the royal mail post code finder and the map below shows the road as Ecclesall Road. So this is probably a physical office. On another forum I found the number as 257. Ask the courier if their own post code database shows the physical address. It may do so, therefore they should be able to accept the shipment.

It would be a good idea if the Home Orrice clarified this PO/ Address issue on their websites, as most people probably will use couriers to send their documents from overseas.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 4:44 am
Just Joined

I just got back from taking my wife to do her biometrics, so here is an update. The centre that processed the biometrics also did Canadian and New Zealand visa, its the following place:

UK Visa Informations

I paid approximately 25 pound, and had all my documents scanned. The gave me back my originals and I do not have to post anything to Sheffield, everything needed to be copied on A4 paper though.

I also paid an extra 12 pound to get my bundle checked, to see if I had anything missing and everything was correct and in order. The don't go through it detail but it was nice to know I had everything.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience, they even offered me a beer while I waited. Not sure if its because I'm in Taiwan or paying a private company.

Although, one thing they said that did cause me to be concerned, it would take up to 6o working days/3 months. I said the following website said it was less, their reply was that was priority service. So apparently the times this quotes are not accurate for standard applications. I'll find out about a week before I arrive.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y
Old Apr 6th 2017, 6:50 am
Just Joined

dabi2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Morris,
The wife had her biometrics taken from the Taipei office on the 30th. We also did the scanning option. Although the staff didn't offer me a beer, I found them to be helpful.

We took the priority route and are yet to hear any confirmation from UKVI that they have our documents. Did you get any email confirming receipt of documents or your wife's passport?

Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2017, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Same here. No courier will accept a PO Box delivery outside the country or without a contact phone number.. For the UK passport Office, I just googled the address, for the FCO sent them an email for the courier address. just done a google for Sheffield visa office :
Sheffield Visa premium service centre  

3.310 Google reviews

Federal government office in Sheffield, England

Address: Vulcan House, 6 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8NU, United Kingdom

Phone: +44 843 504 3785

Hours: Open today · 8AM–5PM

Yes, it says Premium service but customer service is in same building as are UK Border Agency.

you can send an email to get the correct address if you're concerned : https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

good luck!
Old Apr 6th 2017, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dabi2017
Hey Morris,
The wife had her biometrics taken from the Taipei office on the 30th. We also did the scanning option. Although the staff didn't offer me a beer, I found them to be helpful.

We took the priority route and are yet to hear any confirmation from UKVI that they have our documents. Did you get any email confirming receipt of documents or your wife's passport?

Cheers
No I didn't, and I'm concerned. I was expecting an email to confirm that Sheffield had received my scanned documents. I might go there and ask them at the vfs office tomorrow. I didn't do priority service, so when you get a response could you let me know. The waiting is killing me, haha.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Hey Morris,

I'll keep you posted if we hear anything. I'm not sure if the VFS centre will be able to help you to be honest, but if they are able to help let me know please.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Hey Morris,

We received my wife's visa via courier this morning. It was a complete shock to us as we hadn't had any confirmation email from them stating a decision had been made. I'm not sure if it's standard practice but we didn't receive any correspondence from them apart from them returning my wife's passport.
Good luck on your application
Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Well congratulations!

Thanks for letting me know. By the way, did you provide bank statements or did you use the Bankbook? I used the bank book, as my local bank wouldn't provide bank statements.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:16 am
Just Joined

For my wife's savings accounts there had been no transactions in the account and the bank didn't provide monthly statements. So we got a transaction history covering the life of the account and also got a statement for the 22nd of each month for a 7 month period to show that the amount had not changed.

For my UK isa I provided a transaction history covering a 7 month period, this showed the balance each month as the isa gains interest every month.