Change of employer- Help please!

Old Oct 6th 2016, 8:32 am
Nsh
Forum Regular

Nsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of employer- Help please!

Hello. I am due to get married abroad in December. I have started a new job in a school in September so hope to submit my case to sponsor my husband to be next March/April.

However the school I am working at will convert to an academy sometime next term (anywhere between January and April). This means that my employer will change. Currently it is Birmingham City Council but it will become the multi academy trust the school is joining.

I know that the 6 months of earning has to be with the same employer so does this mean that the 6 months will start all over again the moment the school becomes an academy? Apparently I will have the same contract with the same hours and the same pay but the name of my employer will definitley change.

Does anyone know what the Home Office would say about this? If it is the case that the 6 months will start again, then I really need to start looking for another job. I really don't want to take the risk of staying at this school only for the Home Office to pull me up on this.

Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of employer- Help please!

I would of thought that you will get an official letter from Birmingham City Council confirming the change. This should list your old/new employer and confirmation that all the terms and conditions remain the same. Submit this with your application but if you are worried then just fire off an email to the Home Office. I think it's continuity that matters. It's no different than working for a company that gets taken over. The job is exactly the same, just the employers name changes.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 8:49 am
Nsh
Forum Regular

Nsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your reply. I did try calling the Home Office but that was a waste of time- so will send off an email instead.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 9:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your employer isn't changing, just the name, so it's not a problem. You may to include an explanation and/or an official letter as suggested by quiltman so that it's clear to the ECO assessing your husband's application what has happened.