Change of circumstances

Old Apr 13th 2015, 8:00 am
Just Joined

fchris17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of circumstances

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm certain that me and my wife are able to fly through initial application, 2.5 year reassessment and 5 year reassessment with regards to the financial requirement. However, there will likely be one tricky month which I would like to know if we will have to declare.

Basically, the first application will be passed easily by me earning 30k+ whilst she is doing a full time masters degree. After one year we will basically swap roles with myself studying full time/working part time whilst she earns 30k+ (combining our incomes to pass the requirement)

Due to the timing of the courses the change over could temporally leave both of us unemployed but certainly not for long.

Are there any requirements that state that we would have to declare something like this during the initial application or when it actually happens?
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of circumstances

As far as I know, as long as you can show six months of bank statements meeting the financial requirements immediately before your next application, you should be fine. So you can make the changeover before that six months you should be good to go!