Change of Address Whilst Waiting for Visa

Old Sep 11th 2018, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

rob1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Address Whilst Waiting for Visa

Hi everyone, we applied for a non-priority spouse settlement visa from Canada in late July - expecting the estimated processing times to be close to correct so that we could move at the end of October. After reading through this forum I'm becoming worried that my spouse's visa won't be ready in that timeframe. I have accepted a job offer and start in London on the 1st of November so we gave notice on our apartment and our last day in there will be 31st October. This leaves us with the prospect of me having to leave my wife in Canada without our apartment at the end of October if the application is in any way delayed.

Does anyone have any information on how the passport is returned? Will it be sent by post or would she have to go to VFS to collect it? If it is by post is there any way we can change the address it is sent to and would that affect our application (as we had to provide an address history)..

Thanks! This whole thing is such a nightmare..
Rob
Old Sep 18th 2018, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

rob1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of Address Whilst Waiting for Visa

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone had experience of this?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of Address Whilst Waiting for Visa

Originally Posted by rob1987
Just wanted to check in to see if anyone had experience of this?
Hi Rob, I agree, it's a nightmare which goes on and on and on! We're in a similar position now, gave up our apartment end of July and now my wife and son are living in 1 room in her parents house. We expected the visa to be issued in July. We applied in Manila and the passport is sent by a courier service. You pay extra for an SMS to be sent from the visa office giving the date that the passport will be delivered. But I have heard that some people don't get any message and the courier just turns up without notice. If nobody's home, tough! Sometimes Sheffield don't send any email either so you have no idea if the visa has been granted. We've been waiting since end of march now. It looks like all of the priority applications are being processed now and the non-priority are on hold?