Certified Copy of Passport

Old Aug 23rd 2015, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

chunkvoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified Copy of Passport

Hi all, just a quick question. I gather I need a certified copy of my passport for my wife's Spouse Visa application.

I don't really know any friends who could help, so I'll need to use a paid service. Aside from the Post Office, is there another good option? Should I contact a solicitor?

My issue with the Post Office is that I gather they only certify up to three pages in one go. With all the stamps etc. in my passport I need to certify 11 A4 pages in total.

Does anyone have any experience/input when it comes to certifying passport copies?
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Copy of Passport

I use a solicitor to certify a form I use to get my pension from abroad. He charges £5 per signature. I believe a notary public may charge about £45. However, when applying for my husband's spousal visa, I did not get my passport certified. Are you sure it needs to be certified?
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, seems I may have been misinformed. My wife read something about it on a Japanese website, but that might not be the case. Anyone know whether it's necessary?
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 5:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a British citizen sponsor then you only need to provide a copy of the bio-data page of your British passport. They don't need every single page. It doesn't need to be certified either. A good quality colour photocopy will suffice.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Seems I got the wrong end of the stick. Thanks for the clarification!