Category D Cash Savings Proof- Settlement Visa

Old Feb 1st 2019, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

ApichayaTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Category D Cash Savings Proof- Settlement Visa

I am going to apply for a settlement visa (a wife of British citizen) and we will be using cash savings to meet financial requirements.
We had the money in Thailand which came from my savings, my husband's savings, the sale of our house in Thailand and gift from my mother.
The thing is we do not have proof of how much exactly the money was from each source.
We transferred our money to the UK in October 2018 and we are thinking to wait until April to submit the application so we meet the 6 months time.
My question is, do we need to show the evidence of where the money came from since the beginning in Thailand? Will it be okay if we only explain in our cover letter and show the statement of our UK bank account with the confirmation letter from the bank?
Thank you
Old Feb 1st 2019, 10:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category D Cash Savings Proof- Settlement Visa

You need to declare the source of the funds on your application form. You don’t necessarily need to show evidence of where it all came from. You could include evidence of your house sale if that represents the majority of the money. You could also include a letter from your mother confirming the money she gave you was a gift, not a loan, and there’s no expectation of repayment.
Old Feb 2nd 2019, 10:38 am
Just Joined

ApichayaTH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You need to declare the source of the funds on your application form. You don’t necessarily need to show evidence of where it all came from. You could include evidence of your house sale if that represents the majority of the money. You could also include a letter from your mother confirming the money she gave you was a gift, not a loan, and there’s no expectation of repayment.
Thank you very much. That as very helpful. I will sure include the document of my house sale and ask my mother to right a letter.
Old Sep 17th 2019, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Mfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ApichayaTH
I am going to apply for a settlement visa (a wife of British citizen) and we will be using cash savings to meet financial requirements.
We had the money in Thailand which came from my savings, my husband's savings, the sale of our house in Thailand and gift from my mother.
The thing is we do not have proof of how much exactly the money was from each source.
We transferred our money to the UK in October 2018 and we are thinking to wait until April to submit the application so we meet the 6 months time.
My question is, do we need to show the evidence of where the money came from since the beginning in Thailand? Will it be okay if we only explain in our cover letter and show the statement of our UK bank account with the confirmation letter from the bank?
Thank you
Can you share a gift letter from your mother which you used for your application i need it thanks
Old Sep 17th 2019, 11:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mfamily
Can you share a gift letter from your mother which you used for your application i need it thanks
You don't need someone else's letter, what the letter needs to contain is in Brit in Paris' post #2 of this thread
Old Sep 17th 2019, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You don't need someone else's letter, what the letter needs to contain is in Brit in Paris' post #2 of this thread
But I'm asking for a template of gift letter
Old Sep 17th 2019, 11:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

But I'm asking for a template of gift letter
How can you have a template of a letter? You already know what sort of things need to be included in this letter, it just has to be written down.
Old Sep 17th 2019, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
How can you have a template of a letter? You already know what sort of things need to be included in this letter, it just has to be written down.
Thanks brother sorry if i did wrong can you help me on my own thread i asked about cash saving evidence sorry again
Old Sep 17th 2019, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks brother sorry if i did wrong can you help me on my own thread i asked about cash saving evidence sorry again
S of S is female. And I'm pretty sure not your sibling.

The info you need is above, BiP gives the wording you need.

HTH.