Category D- cash savings

Old Jun 12th 2015, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default Category D- cash savings

ignore previous thread - I declined to take the UK job offer, so back to square one I go.

I have the savings in my Halifax account - the account my mum opened when I was an infant, therefore BOTH our names are on the account, her name cannot be removed unless I go to the branch with her- not going to happen; I have too much going on here in U.S.

I cannot open a new UK savings account without me being a UK resident FIRST.

So...in terms of the 62,500 will UKVI accept the equivalent in US$ from MY savings account baring in mind the exchange rate between now and 6 months time...??
Old Jun 12th 2015, 10:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category D- cash savings

Originally Posted by whatadiva
ignore previous thread - I declined to take the UK job offer, so back to square one I go.

I have the savings in my Halifax account - the account my mum opened when I was an infant, therefore BOTH our names are on the account, her name cannot be removed unless I go to the branch with her- not going to happen; I have too much going on here in U.S.

I cannot open a new UK savings account without me being a UK resident FIRST.

So...in terms of the 62,500 will UKVI accept the equivalent in US$ from MY savings account baring in mind the exchange rate between now and 6 months time...??
62,500 sterling is more than enough to open an HSBC Premier A/C in the US.

If you do that you can then open a UK premier a/c from the US and then use Globalview to send the funds to the UK When you need them.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

If you do that you can then open a UK premier a/c from the US and then use Globalview to send the funds to the UK When you need them.
is the hsbc premier a current account or savings account?
Old Jun 12th 2015, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

nvm spoke with both UK and US side of opening a premier account and they explained exactly how you worded it.

thanks!!
Old Jun 13th 2015, 1:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

nvm spoke with both UK and US side of opening a premier account and they explained exactly how you worded it.

thanks!!
You're welcome.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!!
I'm surprised at that. We had an HSBC UK account for years before we moved back to UK in 2010. We came under old rules but had several times the current requirement but could not get a Premier account in the UK until I had income. I asked if income from existing savings counted and they said no.

As soon as I got a job they were falling over themselves to sign us up for Premier. Told them to shove it and switched banks a bit later.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm surprised at that. We had an HSBC UK account for years before we moved back to UK in 2010. We came under old rules but had several times the current requirement but could not get a Premier account in the UK until I had income. I asked if income from existing savings counted and they said no.

As soon as I got a job they were falling over themselves to sign us up for Premier. Told them to shove it and switched banks a bit later.
not sure. but for me, in order for me to open a UK premier account, I first had to open a US premier account. I'm funding it next week, then I will open UK premier and transfer back the monies.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

In terms of the paper trail of how the money got to my account - to the US premier account then to the UK premier account. Where do I start?

Do I show from when my mum transferred what was in my Halifax passbook (trustee) account going overseas to my HSBC US premier account.

Or do I show how the money was put into the trustee account (I have the statement here, it shows by CASH deposits and cheque deposits - there are no account to account money transfers.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

bump please