Category A - changing jobs before submitting application

Old Nov 17th 2018, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

geocatwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Category A - changing jobs before submitting application

I know you need six months full pay slips and bank statements before you can apply under Category A of the spouse visa.

I have just started a new job but I'd like to find a new one (within the same company). What are the implications for this? - i.e. would this affect the payslips issue? Do you have to be in one continuous job (excluding possibility of promotion - which I've read you can just include the note in your application right?) or can you switch jobs and not have any implications?

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2018, 11:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category A - changing jobs before submitting application

You can switch roles with the same employer.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
thanks for your advice. Its actually a different department within the Civil Service, hence why I am unsure whether it counts as the same employer or not. If that is the case is this possible in terms of pay slips?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 9:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geocatwest
thanks for your advice. Its actually a different department within the Civil Service, hence why I am unsure whether it counts as the same employer or not. If that is the case is this possible in terms of pay slips?
Just a hint as you're a new member - if you include all the relevant information in your initial post then people will be able to offer the best information. Cheers.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 10:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Can you flesh out the details a bit? Are you a Fast Streamer?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Can you flesh out the details a bit? Are you a Fast Streamer?
apologies. Nope I didn't go through the fast strean, just nornal external recruitment. I am currently working for DIT as a foot in the door but I'd want something more challenging, hence why I asked whether it was possible to move to, lets say DCMS and still be considered under the same 'civil service employer' -however each department runs their own pay structure so slightly unclear.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 10:27 pm

apologies. Nope I didn't go through the fast strean, just nornal external recruitment. I am currently working for DIT as a foot in the door but I'd want something more challenging, hence why I asked whether it was possible to move to, lets say DCMS and still be considered under the same 'civil service employer' -however each department runs their own pay structure so slightly unclear.
I would say that would be considered a different employer. Depending on your salary it may not be a problem as you could apply under Category B.
Old Dec 25th 2018, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Hi BIP, I can't go under Category B so I will have to stick with Category A. I have decided to look for a different role within the same department.

question - what would define as six months continuous employment though? Would the current job literally have to finish on a Friday and the new one start on a Monday for that to work?