Category B Clarification

Old Feb 18th 2019, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Category B Clarification

I was hoping someone could help me, I think I'm just overthinking and am getting myself worried unnecessarily but would appreciate some reassurance!

My husband is starting a new job in March and technically will have been with the same employer for 6 months by the time we apply for his next FLR(M) but he is starting halfway through the month and his new employer will not pay him in March and will instead add the pay for the 2 weeks he works in March to his April payslip. This means that despite working for the company for 6 months he will only have 5 payslips, so I believe category A is out? (But please correct me if I'm wrong! He will earn more than £10k in those 5 payslips)

So we are looking to use category B & include payslips from his previous employer to make it up to a full 12 months. However, I have read the guidance & FMSE but it doesn't explicitly say how they calculate the annual salary. Is it just adding all the available payslips over the 12 month period?
(Or is it similar to category A and they multiply the lowest payslip by 12?)

Also, I assume he will still need an employers letter for his previous employment and in our case payslip authentication. Does this also have to be dated within 28 days of the application? (Bit awkward to go back to a previous employer for this, we would rather get the letter done when he leaves if possible)

Thanks so much for any help/advice!
Old Feb 18th 2019, 2:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category B Clarification

Are you currently employed?
Old Feb 19th 2019, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category B Clarification

I am currently employed and just earning above the requirement (though I only got a pay rise this month).
However, I work for my parents company & we would like to avoid having to use my employment because it requires all the documents as if I were a director of the company rather than just an employee.
Though for the fiance visa & first FLR(M) I completely missed section 9 (a)(ii) of FMSE & applied as if I was just an ordinary employee of a company with no relationship to me & we were accepted both times but I would rather not take that risk now that I know it is a risk!