Category B assistance

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

95ElTee95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Category B assistance

Hello,

My wife has applied for her spouse visa in March 2020 and we applied using Cat. A. My salary is BELOW £18,600 (I earn £1,100 per month salary) but I applied using overtime - I supplied 6 payslips, each showing at least least £1,550 per month.

Her application is still pending as only recently submitted biometrics. The overtime stopped unfortunately due to limited budget/COVID so I'm back on my normal salary. I'm due to start new employment earning over the £18,600 requirement in a couple of months, so I want to be prepared in case the visa gets refused and we need to apply using Cat. B, so...

1. Just regarding overtime, as long as met the requirements at time of application, we should be OK right? If so, I suppose the following questions don't matter.

2. If visa is refused and we need to apply using Cat. B. - do I also need a letter of employment from my previous employer? Or do I just provide the payslips from previous employer, and payslips from current employer and employer's letter?

3. Do I simply just add the gross pay from all 12 payslips and as long as it comes to £18,600 or more, it's sufficient? Would the fact I've relied on overtime from my previous employer matter?

Is there anything else I may have missed? 12 payslips in total, bank statements to cover the same period, and current employer's letter and payslips?

I am terribly nervous in case I need to start my new job and work there for 6 months, I haven't seen my wife in so long!

Many thanks all,

Last edited by 95ElTee95; Aug 3rd 2020 at 10:43 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 11:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category B assistance

What is the current status of your wife's visa application?

I see that you started a thread in the Spain forum, but despite you stressing over your wife's visa application and your income level, it seems to me like you have a much better prospect of getting a spouse visa application approved, sooner or later, in the UK than you do of "making a go" of life in Spain.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What is the current status of your wife's visa application?

I see that you started a thread in the Spain forum, but despite you stressing over your wife's visa application and your income level, it seems to me like you have a much better prospect of getting a spouse visa application approved, sooner or later, in the UK than you do of "making a go" of life in Spain.
It's still under consideration but I was let go from my job a month ago and the HO called my employer recently, so expecting it to be refused. Life sucks at the moment.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 95ElTee95
It's still under consideration but I was let go from my job a month ago and the HO called my employer recently, so expecting it to be refused. Life sucks at the moment.
Until such time as you get an acceptance or a refusal, and in case of getting a refusal, you are settled in a new job, no practical advice can be given
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Until such time as you get an acceptance or a refusal, and in case of getting a refusal, you are settled in a new job, no practical advice can be given
Yep. I was not asking for advice but thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that you lost your job recently is not a factor in your wife's visa application and will not be a reason for refusal. Whether or not the financial requirement has been met is only determined on the information provided at the time your wife applied for the visa.

The phone call to your employer would have been made to verify the information you provided for the application, such as your salary, overtime payments and length of employment.

So if you and your wife have met all of the requirements of the application, financial, relationship, accommodation, her visa will be granted.

Sorry to hear that you lost your job, it's a horrible time. Best of luck with your wife's visa.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The fact that you lost your job recently is not a factor in your wife's visa application and will not be a reason for refusal. Whether or not the financial requirement has been met is only determined on the information provided at the time your wife applied for the visa.

The phone call to your employer would have been made to verify the information you provided for the application, such as your salary, overtime payments and length of employment.

So if you and your wife have met all of the requirements of the application, financial, relationship, accommodation, her visa will be granted.

Sorry to hear that you lost your job, it's a horrible time. Best of luck with your wife's visa.
I really, really hope so. It is a horrible time for everyone, but I am simply losing the will to live because every door seems to be closing. Once we receive an outcome I will post here to keep you all updated. Thank you, I appreciate the words.

And @SanDiegogirl I did not intend to be nasty in my previous post, I'm just having some difficulties with life right now. Sorry.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really hope so. It is a horrible time for everyone, but I am simply losing the will to live because every door seems to be closing. Once we receive an outcome I will post here to keep you all updated. Thank you, I appreciate the words.

And @SanDiegogirl I did not intend to be nasty in my previous post, I'm just having some difficulties with life right now. Sorry.
Please don't give up, especially on life. You're obviously pretty stressed right now and that's perfectly understandable, a job loss combined with waiting for the decision on your wife's visa are both very stressful situations. If you don't mind a suggestion from someone who's been around for a long time (in other words, an oldie), it might be a good idea to have a chat with your doctor about how you're feeling. They're there to help us look after our mental health as well as physical

Thanks for offering to update us on the visa decision, in the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Please don't give up, especially on life. You're obviously pretty stressed right now and that's perfectly understandable, a job loss combined with waiting for the decision on your wife's visa are both very stressful situations. If you don't mind a suggestion from someone who's been around for a long time (in other words, an oldie), it might be a good idea to have a chat with your doctor about how you're feeling. They're there to help us look after our mental health as well as physical

Thanks for offering to update us on the visa decision, in the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Thank you very much for your words. Without going into too much detail on a public forum, I have been in touch to get counselling using some of my old employer's contact numbers as they offer support to recent ex-employees too. I understand everybody deals with stress and anxiety but I am simply beginning to buckle under the weight because it's been going on for almost a whole year (amongst other problems my wife and I have faced). Thanks for your words, I will definitely try my local GP if the employee help program doesn't amount to much.

Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:58 am
Concierge

Thank you very much for your words. Without going into too much detail on a public forum, I have been in touch to get counselling using some of my old employer's contact numbers as they offer support to recent ex-employees too. I understand everybody deals with stress and anxiety but I am simply beginning to buckle under the weight because it's been going on for almost a whole year (amongst other problems my wife and I have faced). Thanks for your words, I will definitely try my local GP if the employee help program doesn't amount to much.
Good man, you're being very sensible and doing all the right things ​​​​​​ Take care, hopefully you'll have some good news to celebrate very soon.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the all previous exquisitely given opinions/suggestions as you seems to have been overly haunted by the stress, which most interestingly follow to almost all of us like our shadow by one way or another. In my view, if the requirements have been met till the point of application then it would remain unscathed but still in case of any mishap the appeal trajectory will be widely opened. Regarding consulting a GP the consultation might only be restricted to telephone only but still no harm in speaking with them.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

The visa package has been shipped from NY so we are just waiting for the outcome. The most nerve-racking time!

Only reason I can see for refusal is the base salary being <18600 but supplemented by overtime, and I earned at least 1550 per month with overtime. My mind is running crazy right now so I will update once we have the outcome.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 11:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The visa package has been shipped from NY so we are just waiting for the outcome. The most nerve-racking time!

Only reason I can see for refusal is the base salary being <18600 but supplemented by overtime, and I earned at least 1550 per month with overtime. My mind is running crazy right now so I will update once we have the outcome.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The visa was granted!! Salary of 14k was used using overtime showing 1550 each month from 09/19 to 02/20. We opened the package together and as soon as her face lit up, the awful somersaults my stomach had been doing all day suddenly stopped! It's feeling pretty surreal but we can finally begin our lives together.

Thanks all!