Cancel/Delay Spouse Visa

Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:26 am
Just Joined

alijaved786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancel/Delay Spouse Visa

Hello. My Situation is a bit Complex. I have applied for UK spouse Visa from Germany at 27 July 2018 and official 12 weeks timeline will get finished by this week. I am working as Civil Engineer in Germany and I came to know I will get my German Perminent Residency in 11 months. I am thinking to get my German Permanent Residence and then to move to UK. What should I do with my UK Spouse Visa application. What are the possible options in my Situation ? Do I Need to cancel my application as official 3 days are remainging now for timelines given by UK Immigration ? Thanks for your time.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 10:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancel/Delay Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by alijaved786
Hello. My Situation is a bit Complex. I have applied for UK spouse Visa from Germany at 27 July 2018 and official 12 weeks timeline will get finished by this week. I am working as Civil Engineer in Germany and I came to know I will get my German Perminent Residency in 11 months. I am thinking to get my German Permanent Residence and then to move to UK. What should I do with my UK Spouse Visa application. What are the possible options in my Situation ? Do I Need to cancel my application as official 3 days are remainging now for timelines given by UK Immigration ? Thanks for your time.
If you're planning on remaining in Germany for at least 11 months, you have two choices -
you can just leave your spouse visa application to go through processing and then allow it to lapse
or
you can attempt to cancel the visa application now, if you're able to do that may at least get a refund of your IHS fee

Whichever you choose you won't be able to get your application fee back, and you'll need to start the process from scratch when you're ready to move to the UK
Old Oct 16th 2018, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you're planning on remaining in Germany for at least 11 months, you have two choices -
you can just leave your spouse visa application to go through processing and then allow it to lapse
or
you can attempt to cancel the visa application now, if you're able to do that may at least get a refund of your IHS fee

Whichever you choose you won't be able to get your application fee back, and you'll need to start the process from scratch when you're ready to move to the UK
Thanks for suggestions. If I go with option to get the visa come and dont move into UK but will visit UK for 2-3 days per month to see my wife and will Keep that Routine for next 11 months. After 11 Months will move to UK and will live there. After 2.5 Years when I needed extension of my Spouse visa for next 2.5 years then what will happen as I should not stay outside UK more than 6 months in period of 12 months if I am on spouse visa. This is my main concern.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 10:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alijaved786
Thanks for suggestions. If I go with option to get the visa come and dont move into UK but will visit UK for 2-3 days per month to see my wife and will Keep that Routine for next 11 months. After 11 Months will move to UK and will live there. After 2.5 Years when I needed extension of my Spouse visa for next 2.5 years then what will happen as I should not stay outside UK more than 6 months in period of 12 months if I am on spouse visa. This is my main concern.
If your visa application is successful, you'll need to enter the UK and collect your BRP within 30 days of the entry date on the passport vignette. You can then come and go as you please until it's time to apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR).

It's my understanding that if you live outside the UK for more than 6 months in 12, then that may be a problem when it comes to applying for FLR after 2.5 years. Others will be able to advise you better on this.

It seems a funny thing to say, but in your case an extended processing period would work in your favor. If you didn't receive your spouse visa for another 5 months or longer, you'd probably be ok. So cross your fingers for a long wait
Old Oct 16th 2018, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If your visa application is successful, you'll need to enter the UK and collect your BRP within 30 days of the entry date on the passport vignette. You can then come and go as you please until it's time to apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR).

It's my understanding that if you live outside the UK for more than 6 months in 12, then that may be a problem when it comes to applying for FLR after 2.5 years. Others will be able to advise you better on this.

It seems a funny thing to say, but in your case an extended processing period would work in your favor. If you didn't receive your spouse visa for another 5 months or longer, you'd probably be ok. So cross your fingers for a long wait
haha. Yeah it seems funny to expect a late reply. If I go with option to get the visa come and dont move into UK but will visit UK for 2-3 days per month to see my wife and will Keep that Routine for next 11 months. After 11 Months will move to UK and will live there. After 2.5 Years when I needed extension of my Spouse visa for next 2.5 years then what will happen as I should not stay outside UK more than 6 months in period of 12 months if I am on spouse visa. This is my main concern.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 3:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your German PR will normally expire six to twelve months after you leave Germany.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your German PR will normally expire six to twelve months after you leave Germany.
I did Masters from Germany and working now. If I will keep visiting Germany once in 6 months it will not get expired. Can you help on this "If I go with option to get the UK spouse visa and don't move into UK but will visit UK for 2-3 days per month to see my wife and will Keep that Routine for next 11 months. After 11 Months will move to UK and will live there. After 2.5 Years when I needed extension of my Spouse visa for next 2.5 years then what will happen as I should not stay outside UK more than 6 months in period of 12 months if I am on spouse visa"
Old Oct 16th 2018, 11:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Popping back to visit is unlikely to reset your PR status. How long until you qualify for German citizenship? Spending a year outside the UK is likely to negatively impact your subsequent applications for FLR, ILR and British citizenship. If you are serious about maintaining your immigration status in Germany then I would wait until you have become a German citizen. This would also negate the need for a spouse citizen should you move before the end of the transition period.