Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Canadian wife may need a visa to visit uk with me (uk cit) and we’re confused…

Canadian wife may need a visa to visit uk with me (uk cit) and we’re confused…

Old Feb 15th 2023, 3:28 am
Just Joined

samtheskull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian wife may need a visa to visit uk with me (uk cit) and we’re confused…

Ok bit complicated this one stuck with me!

Before we met, my wife applied to immigrate from Canada to uk 15 years ago (as an entrepreneur) but was refused. At the time she was advised visiting should not be a problem, but it would be a good idea to get a visa before visiting in the future “just in case”.

We’ve been married 10 years now and I have a steady job, good salary etc and we have no plans to move back at present.

This year we’re planning on going to UK for a holiday together for the first time, and she’s worried that the previous refusal might still come up at the border, so wants to apply for visitor visa just in case.

She started the application online and it requires information on her income and savings. But she started a business recently that has taken those savings and not yet turned a profit, so she’s worried about putting “zero” for income and savings. Is it ok to put joint income here?

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 15th 2023, 8:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian wife may need a visa to visit uk with me (uk cit) and we’re confuse

If the refusal was 15 years ago then, assuming she wasn’t refused for serious criminal activity or immigration fraud, forget about applying for a visitor visa; it’s entirely unnecessary. Your wife can just use the ePassport gates to enter the UK with you.