Canadian mother and ILR father to child born in Canada

Old Oct 21st 2017, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian mother and ILR father to child born in Canada

Hello everyone looking for some advice on this situation. I’m awaiting for a decision on my non proportiy spousal visa applied June 14th from Canada and my husband holds an ILR status in the UK. I am in my last trimester of pregnancy. If I don’t hear back from UKVI in time and baby is born in Canada would he qualify for a British passport? If he does can we apply for his passport from Canada or does he have to be in the UK for that?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 1:24 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian mother and ILR father to child born in Canada

Originally Posted by Am141
Hello everyone looking for some advice on this situation. I’m awaiting for a decision on my non proportiy spousal visa applied June 14th from Canada and my husband holds an ILR status in the UK. I am in my last trimester of pregnancy. If I don’t hear back from UKVI in time and baby is born in Canada would he qualify for a British passport? If he does can we apply for his passport from Canada or does he have to be in the UK for that?
No, you would need to give birth in the UK for your child to be a British citizen.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No, you would need to give birth in the UK for your child to be a British citizen.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, a further question to that how do we go about getting baby to the uk with me if it’s born in Canada and assuming my visa is granted?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 2:59 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am141
Thank you for taking the time to reply, a further question to that how do we go about getting baby to the uk with me if it’s born in Canada and assuming my visa is granted?
You would need to make a new, separate application for the baby.