Canada to Uk spousal forms

Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

nm2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada to Uk spousal forms

Could anyone help with what forms are needed to fill out for applying to live and work in the uk as spouse? I am a Canadian married to a British citizen wanting to move to the UK to live and work. Not sure the difference between the settled and citizenship forms. I am currently in Canada.
Any advice is much appreciated
Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada to Uk spousal forms

Start here on the UKBA website, if you haven't already.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I have been there thanx. Was not sure if settling as a spouse allows to work ect...
Old Aug 11th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

What would be the best form to do to allow me to live and work in the uk as i'm married to a british citizen?
Old Aug 11th 2013, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nm2013
What would be the best form to do to allow me to live and work in the uk as i'm married to a british citizen?
I'm pretty sure it's in that section of the UKBA website that I linked to - on this page.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I have been there thanx. Was not sure if settling as a spouse allows to work ect...
Yes it does allow you to work.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Could anyone help with what forms are needed to fill out for applying to live and work in the uk as spouse? I am a Canadian married to a British citizen wanting to move to the UK to live and work. Not sure the difference between the settled and citizenship forms. I am currently in Canada.
You will need to apply for a spouse settlement visa which will permit you to live and work in the UK.

These are the forms that you will need.

VAF4A http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...isas/vaf4a.pdf
This will be submitted on line and a copy is to be sent with your application but Do Not submit your on line application until you have all your supporting documents ready to go.

Appendix 2 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...sas/vaf4a2.pdf Paper version to be included with your application.

You should spend enough time following through from the links that roaringmouse provided in order to familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the application as you will also need to enclose a fair amount of supporting evidence with your application, it's not just a case of simply filling out the forms.

Here are a couple more links which should help you on your way.

Financial requirements http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Guide to supporting documents http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...settlement.pdf
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

many thanks
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know how to book a biometric scan in Toronto? Going to the offices in person I was told to call a 1 900 number. This number does not work. I explained this in the office and was told booking have to be done over the phone and no other help was given. A wasted 3 hr trip to Toronto and no appointment booked
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

do you even need a biometric for canada to uk via spouse visa?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know how to book a biometric scan in Toronto? Going to the offices in person I was told to call a 1 900 number. This number does not work. I explained this in the office and was told booking have to be done over the phone and no other help was given. A wasted 3 hr trip to Toronto and no appointment booked
All the information that you need is on the UKBA website.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...e=UK%20English

Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

do you even need a biometric for canada to uk via spouse visa?
Yes. Unless exempt.

The following people do not need to enrol their biometric information as part of their application:

diplomats appointed to a mission in the UK or travelling through the UK to a country where they are accredited;
foreign government ministers and officials in their delegation travelling to the UK on their government's official business;
United Nations (UN) officials holding UN travel documents who are travelling on official UN business;
children under 5 years old;
people applying for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode in the UK;
people applying for visas for other Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories;
certain internationally recognised organisations on official business;
exempt members of the Commonwealth Forces going on a posting or training in the United Kingdom;
dependents of exempt members of the Commonwealth Forces who are going on a posting only. (If the main applicant is attending a course in the UK, the dependents will need to submit their biometric data).

Last edited by larrabee; Aug 13th 2013 at 10:01 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Would anyone have more info on the financial requirement process i'm british and my wife is canadian we are here in canada at the moment....would her being given a job at our family business which would pay 18,600 be enough along with myself meeting that requirement

or would just myself meeting that requirement be enough?

plus what sort of savings on top would be required?

guess i'm asking what the bare requirement be

many thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Would anyone have more info on the financial requirement process i'm british and my wife is canadian we are here in canada at the moment....would her being given a job at our family business which would pay 18,600 be enough along with myself meeting that requirement

many thanks
It's the British Citizen that needs to meet the financial requirements.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

many thanks
Are both of you posting under the same user name? This becomes a little confusing when it comes to giving responses to your questions.

Only the employment income of the sponsor counts towards the financial requirements.
The employment income of the applicant does not count.
If the sponsor meets the 18,600gbp income requirement, no additional savings are required.
18,600 is the bare income requirement.

Savings (over 16,000gbp, held for at least 6 months) belonging to the sponsor, the applicant or in joint names, may be applied towards any shortfall in the income of the sponsor.

I will link again to the financial requirement document.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Last edited by larrabee; Aug 22nd 2013 at 4:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.