Can non EEA family member work right away in UK?

Old May 27th 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

mackydn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can non EEA family member work right away in UK?

My husband is brit national and we've been living in Prague for 4 years and decided to live in UK..(I'm not a national of EU) So I'm classified as non EEA family member under Surinders Singh case..So does it mean that I could work right away in UK..Or I have to wait for the family permit first?
tnx
Old May 28th 2009, 3:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can non EEA family member work right away in UK?

You still need an EEA Family Permit to prove your rights. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Are you aware that if you use the EEA route to immigrate to Britain, you will probably have to wait longer to become a British citizen.

Is there any option to become a Czech Republic citizen?
Old May 28th 2009, 9:38 am
Just Joined

yes I'm aware that it takes longer to get the citizenship, but I guess that's the easiest way to be able to stay in UK,rather than getting the settlement visa in my home country or Prague which takes 13 weeks for clearance and I have to be in the said country..whislt taking the EEA family member option I could stay In UK and wait for the permit.
It doesn't matter to me to wait for a long time for the citizenship..All I'm conserned about is being aable to work..
I can't consider getting a CZ citezenship since we are planning to settle here in UK...
So can I work right away?
Old May 28th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
You still need an EEA Family Permit to prove your rights. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Are you aware that if you use the EEA route to immigrate to Britain, you will probably have to wait longer to become a British citizen.

Is there any option to become a Czech Republic citizen?
Why not go to the UK under the spousal visa? They issue them within a couple of weeks (at least they do in Canada) and then you can work upon arrival.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

I could do the settlement visa straight away, but i need to be in my home country to do that and it will take 12 weeks, which I can't leave my kid's in UK. So this is the only option I've got
Old May 30th 2009, 12:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackydn
I could do the settlement visa straight away, but i need to be in my home country to do that and it will take 12 weeks, which I can't leave my kid's in UK. So this is the only option I've got
I don't think you need to be in your home country - if you are legally resident in the Czech Republic, you may apply to the British Embassy in Prague.
Old May 31st 2009, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

yup your right I could do it in Prgaue,but I can't stay and wait for the processing there for 12 weeks..